What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Advice on cover lift  (Read 2564 times)

jmosery

Advice on cover lift
« on: September 23, 2011, 09:23:01 am »
We need to buy a cover lift

I see some that you screw brackets into the tub side or their are undermount ones

which do you find better?

the undermount ones, do you have to have your tub empty and lifted to slide it under? I haven't looked the bottom of my tub

I see a lot of those Cover Mate covers around. good? recommended?

We have a Sundance Chelsea hot tub

the cover is easy to lift off ourselves but I hate how it just sits on the grass(dont want that in the winter) and dont want the cover to get ruined

also, what about something like this: 

http://www.spadepot.com/shop/Cover-Catch-P9330C49.aspx

Hot Tub Forum

Advice on cover lift
« on: September 23, 2011, 09:23:01 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Advice on cover lift
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 09:59:39 am »
The undermount ones do require you to have the tub empty.  My tub is in our back yard and nobody else sees it, so i have no problem drilling a few holes in the cabinet.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

sorebikr

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 10:17:05 am »
We need to buy a cover lift

I see some that you screw brackets into the tub side or their are undermount ones

which do you find better?

the undermount ones, do you have to have your tub empty and lifted to slide it under? I haven't looked the bottom of my tub

I see a lot of those Cover Mate covers around. good? recommended?

We have a Sundance Chelsea hot tub

the cover is easy to lift off ourselves but I hate how it just sits on the grass(dont want that in the winter) and dont want the cover to get ruined

also, what about something like this: 

http://www.spadepot.com/shop/Cover-Catch-P9330C49.aspx

If you get the side mount ones, make sure they mount to two sides of the tub that do not include your access panel.  I'm running into that issue with my tub (for a number of reasons).  I'm going to cut out part of the access panel so I can remove it, without having to unscrew the cover lifter.  Pain in the neck, but as someone else said, its not like anyone is going to see the cabinet in the future.  And if I do this right, it shouldn't be tooo noticeable.  I hope. 

jmosery

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 11:21:15 am »
when we empty the tub for water changes, can we then lift the tub(my husband and I or is it too heavy?

i dont mind screwing it into the tub but just easier if we can just place is underneith

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 11:40:09 am »
You only have to lift the tub about 1/4" to slide the brackets under. A small pry bar works wonders.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 11:40:09 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42