What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Icie on deck around Hot Tub  (Read 8846 times)

Waterbug

Icie on deck around Hot Tub
« on: September 12, 2011, 08:58:13 pm »
  I was wondering how the experienced tub owners in this forum handle ice formation on the tubs stairs and on the deck or ground around the tub.  Our tub is only five feet from a slider but it sits on a wooden deck that will be below freezing all winter. 

Hot Tub Forum

Icie on deck around Hot Tub
« on: September 12, 2011, 08:58:13 pm »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Re: Icie on deck around Hot Tub
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 09:17:32 pm »
My set up is very similar and ice can be a problem..I try to keep the deck shoveled right after a snow, but when the ice does form, I usually lay a rug over the path to the tub. You really cant use chemicals or they will end up in the tub too!
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 11:23:39 pm »
  I was wondering how the experienced tub owners in this forum handle ice formation on the tubs stairs and on the deck or ground around the tub.

I hate when that happens. I usually pick it up and put it back in my margarita *hick*
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 12:26:18 pm »
Lol Doc, living in warmer climates means that you don't have to worry about ice around the tub...Living in colder climates means you can really really enjoy soaking in the best weather conditions for having a tub..IMHO ;) ;D... I am looking forward to the cooler weather but the ice is a real issue..

Waterbug

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 05:28:54 pm »
  I was wondering how the experienced tub owners in this forum handle ice formation on the tubs stairs and on the deck or ground around the tub.

I hate when that happens. I usually pick it up and put it back in my margarita *hick*
Dr. Spa;
   Been there and done that.  I use to live in Ben Lomond, which is the foothills above Santa Cruz.  Here in northern Michigan, we don't even use ice in our margaritas in the winter.  More drink/booze in the drink without all that pesky ice.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 05:44:56 pm »
Sounds like y'all are using them little glasses. Round here, when we're not drinking margaritas, we use the glasses for chillin our fine California wines.

If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Waterbug

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 08:09:01 pm »
Sounds like y'all are using them little glasses. Round here, when we're not drinking margaritas, we use the glasses for chillin our fine California wines.

Sure miss the Liquor Barn Stores.  A liquor store the size of a Safeway grocery store was unbelievable.  Who needed food?

http://www.scruzwiki.org/Liquor_Barn

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 09:13:00 pm »
Come to Pa,...you have to buy beer at a beer distributor, wine and spirits from a State Store and if you just want a 6pack, you have to go to the deli....Delaware is thankfully only 12 miles down the road. Think of all the gas we could save in Pa by having all alcoholic beverages in ONE STOP!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2011, 10:34:38 am »
I handled the same problem by moving to California.

Problem solved.

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Waterbug

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 07:51:15 pm »

Problem solved.

8)
I understand that California has the warm weather and the wine.  I lived there for 25 years.  But, Michigan has the water and my bass boat won't fit in my hot tub.  :(

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2011, 06:04:00 pm »
  I was wondering how the experienced tub owners in this forum handle ice formation on the tubs stairs and on the deck or ground around the tub.  Our tub is only five feet from a slider but it sits on a wooden deck that will be below freezing all winter. 

Keep the deck shoveled and clean and bring the steps inside for a little while no problem. I live in Northern Minnesota and had basicly the same deal and as long as you keep it clean the sun will do it's thing no matter how cold.
Retired

tex912

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2011, 08:34:17 pm »
Shovel it off and salt if there is heavy ice. Then just take the flip flops off before you get in the tub and there wont be any salt in the water. If you have any salt left over you can send it to doc for his margarita glass.

Waterbug

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2011, 10:47:22 pm »
Shovel it off and salt if there is heavy ice. Then just take the flip flops off before you get in the tub and there wont be any salt in the water. If you have any salt left over you can send it to doc for his margarita glass.
From the looks of Doc's margarita glass, it would probably take a complete 40 lb. bag of salt, to salt the rim.  :)

oversee

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2011, 06:37:14 pm »

Problem solved.

8)
I understand that California has the warm weather and the wine.  I lived there for 25 years.  But, Michigan has the water and my bass boat won't fit in my hot tub.  :(
California has water and bass - you just have to look for it. We used to own our own 60 acre lake in California and we had plenty of bass. There are plenty of public lakes too - not as many as Michigan but you can only fish in one at a time anyway.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2011, 06:37:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42