What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Springs heater issue  (Read 2951 times)

frankster1

Hot Springs heater issue
« on: September 17, 2011, 10:10:52 pm »
Hi My name is Frank: I was given a used a 1995 Watkins hot springs hot tub. All the jets worked as well as the light however the heater did not turn on, so I replace it with a new heater. When I re-plugged in my hot tub the heater turn on for approximately 5 minutes then it turn off and won't turn back on. The circulation pump is working, I can see good flow through it. I did notice there is some water seeping through the HI temperature switch at the heater location between the plastic and the control wire. I also can here the relay turn on when I rotate the temperature dial. Can you please help?
Thanks,

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Springs heater issue
« on: September 17, 2011, 10:10:52 pm »

d00nut

Re: Hot Springs heater issue
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 06:33:18 pm »
What kind of Hot Spring is it?  Got a Serial number? 

Water leaking out of the thermistor would be a good place to start.  Did you test the ohms of resistance on your old heater before you replaced it?

So many people automatically assume the heater isn't working and replace it without testing anything, which means you could have spent money on something you didn't have to.

If you could, get some more info, we may be able to help you a bit more.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Hot Springs heater issue
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 06:33:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42