What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hotspring ACE temperature  (Read 3514 times)

robmet1015

Hotspring ACE temperature
« on: September 02, 2011, 01:01:04 pm »
I got my new Hotspring Vista installed today. It is currently heating to 100 to stabilize with calcium pillow. My question is can I drop temp when I am done adding salt or is there a min temp that ACE needs to run at constantly. Nothing in manual says about this

Hot Tub Forum

Hotspring ACE temperature
« on: September 02, 2011, 01:01:04 pm »

soak-king

• Where did that dang duck go anyway?
    • Backyard Oasis
Re: Hotspring ACE temperature
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 01:59:14 pm »
My understanding is this...the lower the water temperature, the less conductive it is which means the ACE system will not produce as much sanitizer as it would with warmer water. Depending on what temp you set it at, you may want to increase the usage setting to compensate.  :)
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

It IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 09:00:01 am »
Do you want to soak in lower temperatures, or are you trying to save power? If the former, then set it where you like to use your spa. Then make adjustments to the ACE system as you go, just any other user.

However, if you are dropping the temp to reduce power consumption, be aware that it is generally best to just 'set it and forget it.' The tub is designed to stay at your desired temp all the time.

Also - you will get two big surprises:
1. If you have to predict your use and pre-warm the tub your usage will drop off drastically.
2. Your tub may stay at temp anyway - it takes a lot of time to cool down - and the various systems in your HotSpring tub tend to keep it warm anyway.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

robmet1015

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 11:25:19 am »
Do you want to soak in lower temperatures, or are you trying to save power? If the former, then set it where you like to use your spa. Then make adjustments to the ACE system as you go, just any other user.

However, if you are dropping the temp to reduce power consumption, be aware that it is generally best to just 'set it and forget it.' The tub is designed to stay at your desired temp all the time.

Also - you will get two big surprises:
1. If you have to predict your use and pre-warm the tub your usage will drop off drastically.
2. Your tub may stay at temp anyway - it takes a lot of time to cool down - and the various systems in your HotSpring tub tend to keep it warm anyway.

Thanks Chas.  My intention is to drop the temp in the summer hot months and not to save power.  I read that ACE loses its ability to make chorine as temp is lowered.  Is this true?  I do realize after one day that it does keep temperature rather well and circ pump adds heat.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 04:11:08 pm »
I had not heard or read anything about ACE not working at lower temps as well. I will do some research and get back.

My first-blush impression is that it is not likely, since salt systems have been used successfully in pools, and even fountains for years - and they generally run lower temperatures.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 04:11:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42