What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Those with home show questions...Heres your sign!!  (Read 64571 times)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Those with home show questions...Heres your si
« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2006, 02:09:02 pm »

Fact: Arctic sales people (trained by factory representatvies) are trained to say that a tub built in a cold climate will be more efficient and hold up better in a cold climate.

It's also the mantra of a deranged  man in CO.

07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2006, 02:09:02 pm »

rick

« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2006, 02:18:42 pm »
"Time to send this thread to the scrap heap! "

Because you obviously agree with hymbow's statement.  

So when somebody rebutts him, and has a different opinion than you (yeah it was a crude rebuttal, but he deserved it),  we must scrap the conversation eh?

It gets really tiring having to defend TP design here with the obviously biased FF majority here.

Oh, by the way,  can I get your shortlist of the best spas again TUO?    

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2006, 02:28:22 pm »
(yeah it was a crude rebuttal, but he deserved it) 

Few people deserve to have a circ pump shoved up their butt....

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2006, 02:33:57 pm »
"Time to send this thread to the scrap heap! "

Because you obviously agree with hymbow's statement.  

Rick,
There is nothing wrong with disagreeing (and giving reasons for one's opinion) but when we resort to insightful posts which include " you are an ignorant FF shill.

Stick your circpump up your butt and start digging for the leak, punk
" it is my opinion the thread has outgrown it's usefullness. Now I'm not the moderator and I'm not going to send any messages asking for it to be moved so you can continue venting all you want as far as i care. I'm not sure where the anger comes from but you do what you have to do.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #79 on: March 08, 2006, 03:29:33 pm »

Rick,
There is nothing wrong with disagreeing (and giving reasons for one's opinion) but when we resort to insightful posts which include " you are an ignorant FF shill.

Stick your circpump up your butt and start digging for the leak, punk
" it is my opinion the thread has outgrown it's usefullness. Now I'm not the moderator and I'm not going to send any messages asking for it to be moved so you can continue venting all you want as far as i care. I'm not sure where the anger comes from but you do what you have to do.

I agree.  Too much venum.  Kill this thread before it gets more out of hand.

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2006, 04:11:17 pm »
Kill it just because of one igorant post? Take my cir. pump away and I take you away! Remember its just his opinion. Geeks don't need a sign around their necks for everyone to know they are a geek. On the railroad we called them moons.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 04:15:13 pm by galen »

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2006, 04:26:46 pm »

I agree.  Too much venum.  Kill this thread before it gets more out of hand.

I think your right to kill it ,,it's been rough from the start

jnsjr58

• Do like the smart piggy... build it with brick!!
« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2006, 07:05:55 pm »
Hey,
I just bought an Arctic tub from a show.......... :)
Am I doomed for eternity in spa Hell??????????? ......or just Hell on this forum??? ;D

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2006, 08:04:31 pm »
You probably have the most efficient tub around buddy and I'm happy for you.  You will probably save about $80.00 per year in heating cost over my Epic and I'm happy for you.  Hopefully your equipment will withstand the heat from your non Canadian cooler climate so that you will be happy and that I can be happy for you too.  Steve :)

I’m so happy you want to be happy for me.  I’m trying to figure out where the $80 comment came from.  I don’t recall ever claiming any savings over any other brand regarding operating costs.

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #84 on: March 08, 2006, 08:07:29 pm »
I can see that stl-rex is very biased in his opinions.  I looked and tested a lot of tubs before my wife  and I bought. She is only 5'3" tall. And we wanted a tub that wouldn't "float her" out of her seat. Say what you must, but its very clear you didn't test the maxxus.  All the seats but one have wrist jets, All the seats have foot jets, which she can brace with to keep her down into the seat if she has it on high. But its very simple to regulate the flow knob to reduce the flow to your liking. Yes there are other tubs that are very nice. But to say the Maxxus doesn't fit, shows you didn't do your homework well enough. I believe its more about cost than features that turns off a potential buyer. I can't see how seats could be made better  to fit. Hammer if you must, but it just shows me stl-rex, you would complain about the new rope these dealers are going to put around you.

The fact is we sat in three wet SD models.  Max, Optima, and Bahia.  The folks at SD were even so kind as to offer her a water filled pillow to help keep her from drowning.  Sure you can turn flow down, but then what does that get you – less therapy?  Why compromise if you don’t have to?  So let me repeat – the Maxxus didn’t fit.  The wrist jets were more like palm/finger jets; they were set too far out.  Since the foot-dome wasn’t centered in this rectangular tub, it was useless for the seats facing the same direction as the lounge and even at that it seemed to be positioned farther away from the primary therapy seat than in the Optima.  The Optima was a much better fit than the Maxxus.  I’d say we gave it a fair chance.  Perhaps you should do a little more homework before suggesting someone a liar.  The fact is we wet tested models from SD, HotSprings, Jacuzzi, Arctic, Caldera, Master, D1 and a friends CalSpa.  After which we decided on the Arctic.  I'd say that should clear up any misconceptions of how much work we put into selecting a spa.  
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 08:08:40 pm by rexspent »

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #85 on: March 08, 2006, 08:13:43 pm »
Hey,
Am I doomed for eternity in spa Hell??????????? ......or just Hell on this forum??? ;D

Congrats!  What did you pick-up?  

By the way, you won't be doomed as long as you have nothing nice to say about your spa and don't get irritated when others try to pick the brand you selected apart. ;)  Other than that this is a great forum and if you have water problems or general questions you will find the folks here quite helpful. ;D
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 08:15:14 pm by rexspent »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #86 on: March 08, 2006, 08:26:50 pm »
Hey,

You just might be doomed for spa Hell....or just maybe spa Heaven ......depends on who your sharing your spa with..... ;)

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #87 on: March 08, 2006, 08:33:22 pm »
You just might be doomed for spa Hell....or just maybe spa Heaven ......depends on who your sharing your spa with..... ;)

and what they're wearing (or not wearing :o ) and what kind of whiskey you take with you.  

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #88 on: March 08, 2006, 09:03:48 pm »
This should get some hacles up. If you aren't BUYING a hot tub, then by all means, avoid the area.

Some of these replies want me to avoid the whole Hot tub area of my home show.

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

shabba34

« Reply #89 on: March 08, 2006, 09:09:55 pm »
This should get some hacles up. If you aren't BUYING a hot tub, then by all means, avoid the area.

Be careful Wisoki, I posted a scarcastic message regarding the dealings with customers at a show, and my ethics and morals as a business owner were questioned.  ::)  God forbid someone have a little fun around here.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #89 on: March 08, 2006, 09:09:55 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42