What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: By-pass Filtration  (Read 78616 times)

Snowbird

• What did he say?
Re: By-pass Filtration
« Reply #105 on: March 14, 2006, 07:26:51 am »
I've said it many times before and I guess I'll have to keep on saying it: The biggest advantage to having 100% No-Bypass Filtration is that EVERY SINGLE DROP OF WATER GETS FILTERED BEFORE IT ENTERS THE SPA'S PUMP, HEATER, AND PLUMBING.  No hair, dead skin, dirt, toenails, or cheezy puffs gets sucked into the guts of your spa.Terminator

You make a good point Term.  My J385 came with covers for the foot well intakes.  They are a pain.  The tech said they were meant to keep pine needles from entering the pumps and they needed to be on and periodically cleaned to preserve the warranty.  He said a few needles wouldn't be an issue but that some tubs were loaded with them and it destroys the pumps.

However, he said that since my tub was indoors, pine needles wouldn't be an issue so I could take mine off. ;)

It seems to me the discussion here isn't about which brand has the cleanest water.  It's about which brand protects its pumps the best.  That is how I read Term's posts.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 07:34:39 am by Snowbird »
The World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #105 on: March 14, 2006, 07:26:51 am »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #106 on: March 14, 2006, 10:05:49 am »
It seems to me the discussion here isn't about which brand has the cleanest water.  It's about which brand protects its pumps the best.

EXACTLY!!!  Thank you Snowbird!  It was simply my delineation, in black and white, of the whole impetus behind 100% No-bypass filtration.  It was met with obfuscation.  I'm glad you saw through it. :)

Merry Christmas!

Terminator
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 10:06:41 am by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #107 on: March 14, 2006, 10:55:02 am »
I think Terminator, Chas or any other Hotspring dealer is justified in selling no by-pass filtering as an advantage for there product.  It does do what they are saying and it is an exclusive feature to Hotsprings.   No by-pass filtering is definitly not a bad thing.   It is not like they are lying about a feature.  Shake What Your Momma Gave Ya,  sell your best features, it maybe important to some people.  

I agree .. It does mean something to me. My tub is outside and leaf stems, pine needles, lady bugs,bark mulch, sand ect. ect. No one will make me believe that some of those things have no effect on the pumps year after year. It just make sense to me it is better to keep as much as possible out of the equipment. Sundance must also feel it is important if they recommend the socks on the bypass intakes
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 10:55:30 am by jsimo7 »

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #108 on: March 14, 2006, 11:17:53 am »
We are ONLY talking about the Sundance 880 series spas in comparrison to the Hotspring's no bypass filtration.  

The 880s have no socks on the suctions for the pumps as it is not needed.  The socks were mostly for sand and once they went to bearingless jets, those socks were not needed anymore.  

Then the pumps were bumped up to 56 frame and SEPARATED from the filtration portion of the spa.  Those pumps can handle pine needles no problem.  If you have a problem with a tub filtering 50,000 gallons of water a day and your pumps are getting clogged with pine needles,  you should put your cover back on your spa when you are done using it :P

50,000 gallons of water is being filtered daily with no bypass of the actual filter.  The outlets of that filtration pump are designed to kick stuff up off the bottom of the spa so that it can be filtered.  The suctions were redesigned so that the pumps would not suck in dirt and other debris directly off the bottom of the spa.  

Hotspring spas may be the only one that has no-bypass on their jetting system, but if you could show me where any of the 50,000 gallons being filtered on an 880 is being bypassed, I will owe you a coke.  

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #109 on: March 14, 2006, 11:46:25 am »
Why does Sundance recommend the socks on the other line of spas ??
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 11:46:52 am by jsimo7 »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #110 on: March 14, 2006, 12:36:16 pm »
I haven't seen the plumbing on one of these new tubs yet, so help me be clear.

The jet pumps no longer pull water through a filter at all?

The new, larger circ pump runs 24/7 and pulls all of it's 30 gallons per minute through the filter?
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

rick

« Reply #111 on: March 14, 2006, 01:37:33 pm »
Let these HotSpring dealers crow.  

If someone was new here, looking for a spa,  I'm sure the cockiness of the HS dealers would only turn them to another spa.  

So much more out there,  and better values to boot, than an overpriced HS.  

shabba34

« Reply #112 on: March 14, 2006, 01:41:55 pm »
Let these HotSpring dealers crow.  

If someone was new here, looking for a spa,  I'm sure the cockiness of the HS dealers would only turn them to another spa.  

So much more out there,  and better values to boot, than an overpriced HS.  

Thank you for your insiteful advice Dick...I mean Rick. :P

rick

« Reply #113 on: March 14, 2006, 01:46:20 pm »
you're very welcome pud.  

You also appear to have plenty of room to stick your circ pump where the sun don't shine either.  

Sucks to own a HS and realize you paid top dollar for a run of the mill spa , eh?

rick

« Reply #114 on: March 14, 2006, 01:49:02 pm »
Now watch,   I'll be banned here for dare saying anything negative about the sponsor of this website.

HOT SPRINGS!

Good riddance,   this board has been nothing but a biased advertisement for Watkins INc.

shabba34

« Reply #115 on: March 14, 2006, 01:52:07 pm »
Now watch,   I'll be banned here for dare saying anything negative about the sponsor of this website.

HOT SPRINGS!

Good riddance,   this board has been nothing but a biased advertisement for Watkins INc.

Are you going to throw your stuffed animal against the wall and slam your bedroom door shut now too? :(  :'(

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #116 on: March 14, 2006, 01:52:44 pm »

HOT SPRINGS!

Rick, I'd think you be banned for being a throbing prick, rather than bashing hotsprings.  But that's just my guess.

07 Caldera Geneva

rick

« Reply #117 on: March 14, 2006, 01:59:06 pm »
better to be a throbbing prick trying to give some balance to the tilt here,   than to be  a regular suck up butt kisser like you Drew.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #118 on: March 14, 2006, 02:09:27 pm »
better to be a throbbing prick trying to give some balance to the tilt here,   than to be  a regular suck up butt kisser like you Drew.

I thought you were leaving?  

nothing worse than someone who threatens to leave and then sticks around.

Drama queen.
07 Caldera Geneva

rick

« Reply #119 on: March 14, 2006, 02:24:03 pm »
Never said I was leaving,  or do you knot no howw to reed Drew?  

How could I possibly leave now when you are just chock full of witticisms?  

Please give me a stage so I can throw my stuffed animals around dressed as a throbbing prick.

If one dares to talk down a HS product,   (which the HS dealers and others make a living of doing to other brands here),  and face their wrath.

It's like somebody else said,  these guys do have gallons of "koolaid" and they spend their live long day trying to get others to drink it here.

I do hope newbies read this thread to not only see what a drama queen I am but to also see the reality of this board infested with some of the typical slime that represents the spa industry.  

I do not direct this at most of you here.   There are some genuine good people ,  but the percentages are dwindling.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #119 on: March 14, 2006, 02:24:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42