What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Best Hot Tub for leg's massage  (Read 20230 times)

Pi

Best Hot Tub for leg's massage
« on: August 29, 2011, 05:37:46 pm »
Could someone suggest the best hot tub for getting a good leg massage? I found a few good ones for the back and feet, but most seem to be lacking in the legs' department.... :o

Also, what is the right price for a Coyote Santa Fe? Any suggestions?

Hot Tub Forum

Best Hot Tub for leg's massage
« on: August 29, 2011, 05:37:46 pm »

Scotty

Re: Best Hot Tub for leg's massage
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 08:48:35 am »
This may not be what you are looking for; but I'll throw it out anyways.  ;)

I just got a Hot Springs Sovereign. I have found that if I sit on the edge above the lounge seat area where the moto-massage is running on full blast - it is a FANTASTIC massage of the calf muscles.

I guess you could get some leg massage sitting on the edge of most spas with your legs in front of the jets and I'm sure you meant a leg massage while completely immersed in the tub. But, the moto-massage that Hot Springs offers really does the trick for me.

Pi

Re: Best Hot Tub for leg's massage - help!
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 11:28:36 am »
I tried that but I am a cyclist and I need hamstrings, IT band and gluts massaging (no jokes, please  :))

d00nut

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 04:31:01 am »
Jacuzzi LX-L... book it!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 09:30:22 am »
My Marquis Epic has a great seat for leg and foot massage...Check it out on their website and you can see the interactive diagram that shows how the lounge seat works. My husband loves that seat because of the leg massage..It is a large tub though.  :)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

colo_artist

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 12:13:28 pm »
One of the reasons we went with a Marquis Wish was because of the excellent lounger. It had not only a bunch of jets, but the ones for the legs and feet seemed to be in just the right places.

The captain's chair doesn't have anything for the legs, but the big flood jet feels great on the feet.

Happy hunting.

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 01:06:12 pm »
there are several very good spas out there. D1, Jacuzzi, Sundance, H20, Hot Springs, Marquis, Clearwater to name a few, On the D1 look at the Wayfarer, Californian, ChairmanII,  On the Clearwater look at the St. Andrew, The Pebble Beach. even the XS84 signature lounger.  On the H20 look at the Radium luxury,Olympia, and Niagara. The Hot Springs check out the Aria. Jacuzzi, the J375, J355, J480. On the Marquis look at the Epic
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 01:23:32 pm »
Wet testing is always wise with any spa but if the spa you want is a lounger a wet test is almost required IMO because lounges are not for everyone. You may float in it, the jets may not line up where you want them, the length may not be right for you, the angle may not be right for you... and just because it works for one person doesn't mean it will work for another so you can’t simply go by someone else’s personal recommendation. Now if that lounge also has leg jets, its even more critical because now you have a force against the back of your legs that may want to move you out of the seat. If you buy a spa like this just based on the jets looking the way you want them you could be disappointed later.

Find a few spas that have the jets the way you think you want them and then wet test multiple spas. That way you're bound to find 1 or 2 that feel just right for you.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Pi

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 02:01:54 pm »
Thanks for all your advice. I have now been in touch with the local Marquis and Jacuzzy dealers and I will be wet testing them all this weekend.
It is going to be exhausting  ;D

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 02:23:32 pm »
Thanks for all your advice. I have now been in touch with the local Marquis and Jacuzzy dealers and I will be wet testing them all this weekend.

Those are 2 good brands that would be on my list to check out along with Caldera, D1, Hot Springs and Sundance. I'd expect they should each have an option or two that is worth wet testing. Take your time.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 03:47:55 pm »
This may not be what you are looking for; but I'll throw it out anyways.  ;)

I just got a Hot Springs Sovereign. I have found that if I sit on the edge above the lounge seat area where the moto-massage is running on full blast - it is a FANTASTIC massage of the calf muscles.

Good idea, I may try that on my sister's vanguard when I visit.   I can get my lower calves by sitting sideways on my lounger and putting my legs in front of the foot jet. My lounger has no jets that get the upper thighs, probably because it would become an enema for shorter people.

One nice thing about my tub is its open seating design. Its a 6 person tub and it usually is nobody but my wife and I so I'm not limited to the designers idea of where the seat is.   To get the back of my upper thighs, I sit on the floor of my tub (at 6'2 my head it still above water) and put my legs up on the lounger with the foot jet hitting the back of my thighs.  I'll post a picture of my layout later.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 03:58:47 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
Re: Best Hot Tub for leg's massage - help!
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2011, 03:53:25 pm »
I tried that but I am a cyclist and I need hamstrings, IT band and gluts massaging (no jokes, please  :))

I'm 7 weeks from my first full marathon and I've had Sciatic issues, there will be no jokes from me.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2011, 03:55:37 pm »

Keep yourself hydrated and don't eat too heavily before hand. As luxurious as this sounds, people have made themselves ill overdoing it while testing multiple tubs.

Water Boy

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2011, 04:37:55 pm »
Could someone suggest the best hot tub for getting a good leg massage? I found a few good ones for the back and feet, but most seem to be lacking in the legs' department.... :o

Also, what is the right price for a Coyote Santa Fe? Any suggestions?

I think that they Santa Fe does a great job of what you are looking for. I would also check out some of the Arctic Spa models while checking out the Santa Fe as well. Arctic and the Coyote are both excellent brands, backed by good warranties. Like others said, do your research on the local dealers, and be sure to wet test.

I would look at the Santa Fe:excellent for glutes, thighs and leg jets in both seats,

The Coyote Tucson: Great jets in the lounger for the legs and thighs, glute jets and feet jets in the other seats!

The Arctic Cub:Lots of leg jets and hamstring and thighs, glutes in the corner seat

Arctic Norwegian: Lots of jets for the legs and thighs

Hope this helps, and good luck in your search for the perfect spa!
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2011, 05:15:11 pm »
It is going to be exhausting  ;D

Keep yourself hydrated and don't eat too heavily before hand. As luxurious as this sounds, people have made themselves ill overdoing it while testing multiple tubs.

I’m one of those people who once "overindulged" and sat in a tub to long where the temp was too high. The sky starting spinning and I practically passed out.

In my case I would probably ask each dealer to set the temp to 100 or 101 before I arrived. I'd imagine that’s where most keep them anyway but you never know and if I got there and it was 103 or 98 it would take away from the wet test experience IMO.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2011, 05:15:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42