What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help guys  (Read 5132 times)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Help guys
« on: August 26, 2011, 08:10:16 am »
OK, so Irene will be paying me a visit Saturday into Sunday Please someone tell me how to tie my cover down..My tub is on a deck..I don't want it to land in OZ...but I have no idea of how to secure it for a hurricane! :o :-[
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

Help guys
« on: August 26, 2011, 08:10:16 am »

Darnovi

Re: Help guys
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 09:21:38 am »
One quick fix is to screw 4 eye bolts into your deck (one on each side of your hot tub) then run some lightweight cable across you hot tub in each direction fastening each end to a bolt. After storm bolts can be removed holes filled with a wood filler and sealed.

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 12:17:59 pm »
they do make straps for covers that go from one side of the spa to the other, typically 2 to a pack. or like preciously mentioned use eye bolts, but you can also use ratchetting straps, i would recommend putting cardboard at the edges of the cover under the strap..
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 12:33:19 pm »
Thanks so much guys..on my way to the hardware store now.. :)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 01:41:06 pm »
If your had bought an Arctic tub, they would send the entire staff over to stand on your cover during the storm  :D ;D
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 03:49:24 pm »
I think I might consider just turning off the spa and taking the cover inside. Much easier to deal with cleaning the spa, than either buying a new cover, or figuring out how to keep in from blowing across the country.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 09:38:06 pm »
I thought of that too Doc, I have a leaf net that I can throw over the spa to keep out the big stuff..Maybe that would be the best idea. I have the straps and eye bolts..but maybe I will do the net...Got both kids off to college today, so I will have to think about this early tomorrow morning. :-\

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2011, 11:04:07 am »
I like Doc's idea a lot, but if you want to tie down - I would use straps, not cables. The cable will eat through cardboard in a flash, even faster once the cardboard is wet.

And if you really want to batten it down, put a couple sheets of plywood over the top and then winch it down. Trim to fit, so the edges don't stick out and grab the wind.

http://www.harborfreight.com/2-inch-x-20-ft-ratchet-tie-down-47764.html
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2011, 11:05:39 am »
Oops - looks like you already have the idea of straps - good. Let us know how things go!!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2011, 11:47:50 am »
I used those straps, Chas, and eye bolts in the deck (they can actually stay and not impact anything). The cover stayed in place but I just got power this morning, so I have to go kick the tub back on and see what it looks like on the inside... ;) Thanks for the suggestions..that was easy for me to do and now I am ready for the next one...

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2011, 06:16:42 pm »
Awesome! Any other damage to your property?

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2011, 06:48:55 pm »
No, I feel really blessed! Leaves, branches and lots of water, but everything is fine after a day of cleaning up. My sister even arrived with a little Honda generator and saved my freezer and fridge!

Chas, you know a lot about all kinds of stuff...I want to buy a generator, do you have any suggestions? All I need to do is run my refrigerator, freezer and a light...This little Honda was awesome and very quiet,  but I think it is probably pretty expensive.  Thanks  :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2011, 06:48:55 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42