What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: raise temp above 104?  (Read 11647 times)

passmaster16

raise temp above 104?
« on: August 25, 2011, 11:06:38 pm »
I have a 2011 Caldera Palatino.  I know on the older Watkins spas there was a way to get them to go up to 108 degrees.  Is this no longer possible on the new models?

Hot Tub Forum

raise temp above 104?
« on: August 25, 2011, 11:06:38 pm »

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
Re: raise temp above 104?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 12:19:29 pm »
i do not believe even their spas the  can do that anymore. spas uses to have a jumper you couls move to go to the 108. but i believe that for the spas to get their certification that had to change that....
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

ChaiSTi

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 05:46:42 pm »
I read on a different forum that Watkins controls had the option to change the temp from 104 to UE1, UE2, UE3, and UE4.  That was their way of getting around the UL standards. 

I guess that option is long gone.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 10:43:24 am »
I am not as familiar with the Caldera products as I am with other Watkins tubs - and they do program the control box just a bit differently. But on other Watkins tubs with the IQ-2020 box you can move a jumper to get back the "upper temps." The very newest ones (2010 and forward) ship that way - but you have to press and hold the + button to get past 104, and the display turns a dangerous-looking blood red as it climbs. The older units you have to move the jumper.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

passmaster16

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 03:31:57 pm »
I am not as familiar with the Caldera products as I am with other Watkins tubs - and they do program the control box just a bit differently. But on other Watkins tubs with the IQ-2020 box you can move a jumper to get back the "upper temps." The very newest ones (2010 and forward) ship that way - but you have to press and hold the + button to get past 104, and the display turns a dangerous-looking blood red as it climbs. The older units you have to move the jumper.

Thanks for your reply.  Apparently the Palatino does use the IQ-2020 controller so I tried pressing and holding the + button but the temp didn't move past 104.  I wonder if the board is programmed differently or if there are jumpers on the board to enable this feature.  I can say the touchpanel on the Palatino is simple compared to the Hot Spring tubs so I'm not sure if that could make a difference too.  Maybe the dealer can give me the insight unless it'd be worth contact Caldera?

robmet1015

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 05:51:00 pm »

Chad you are correct. I confirmed with my new 2011 HS Vista today. I can to 106 and it is kinda spooky to see everything go red after u hold down.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2011, 08:56:05 am »
Well, if it's the same as the IQ-2020, then look near the center of the main board for P7. It is a group of three jumper points - change the middle jumper. Be sure power is off first, of course, and if your center jumper is jumped, then remove. If not, add a jumper to the middle jump point. (They usually 'park' some spare jumpers on other places around the board).

passmaster16

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 11:34:08 am »
Chas you were right on with your reply.  You answered a question that my dealer couldn't.  There were no jumpers on the P7 bank.  I grabbed an unused jumper from another area of the board and placed it over the middle jumper point on P7.  Now I can see ue-1, ue-2, ue-3, and ue-4 options when I press the temperature + over 104.  I've attached a photo (sorry, blurry) and outlined the P7 jumper area in red just in case it's helpful to anybody else.  Thanks for your help!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2011, 10:28:28 am »
No charge.  :D

rphman

• Caldera Moorea 07
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2011, 12:03:42 am »
Yes, thanks from me too Chas!!!! I have a 2007 Caldera with the IQ-2020 box and it needed the jumper! But the display looks to me as ut-1, ut-2, ut-3,ut-4 (maybe for up temp, ut??).  Changed my water and had an air lock in pump #2 so since I had the cover off checked it out and changed it last week had a beautiful soak tonight with a nice moon at 105! Can't wait for some snowy weather here in central NY with 0 degrees with 108 degree water!!! :D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2011, 12:03:42 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42