What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How many steps to your hot tub?  (Read 4430 times)

ace69

How many steps to your hot tub?
« on: August 21, 2011, 09:55:24 pm »
Just bought a Hotsprings Grandee. Looking at where to set it up. We live in Ontario, Canada, very cold winters. Wondering how much of a difference and extra dozen steps will make in the dead of winter? For those of you that deal with cold winters, do you think five steps to the tub as opposed to fifteen makes a big difference?

Hot Tub Forum

How many steps to your hot tub?
« on: August 21, 2011, 09:55:24 pm »

tex912

Re: How many steps to your hot tub?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 09:59:08 pm »
No. My last house was at least 15 steps, my current house is 3. I go out in suit and open cover..close cover before going in still wet. Cold is Cold, just more to shovel.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 07:31:38 am »
My current is about 5 steps, the further it is, the less likely you are to use it in the winter, but there are other factors. At my sister's house hers is closer to 15 steps, but its an area that is very protected against the wind and she has an easy to operate cover lifter so the amount of time spent outside the tub when getting out is about equal to mine.  Wind is a big factor.  We had a great soak last year at 4F, after being in the tub 20 minutes at 104, getting out wasn't bad, but the next night it was 20F with a 30mph wind, we didn't go out.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

JulieMor

• IBEW Member since 1974
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 10:01:49 am »
We live in Chicago.  We also have a Grandee we bought in '93.  It's about a dozen steps from the patio door.  I wanted it away from the house to give us a more unobstructed view of the sky, which is especially picturesque in the winter.  When it snows, we just shovel a path to the tub.  When we're ready to go out, I put on a robe and some sandals and am in the tub in seconds.

When you're getting out and closing it up, your body is so warm the cold isn't a problem.  There have been times I have sat on the edge of the tub when it was 20 degrees and was toasty warm as I watched the steam rose off me. 

A few winters, when the kids were younger, they built igloos.  My son would soak in the tub until he was hot then crawl into the igloo with nothing on but his bathing suit!  We'd watch the steam pour out the opening.  :D  Winter has brought the best memories.

fdegree

• 2007 Sundance Optima
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 11:01:57 am »
Well, for me, having the bathing suit (shorts) hanging loosely down around my legs, results in them getting very cold, very fast.  While I'm closing the cover, the frozen legs of the bathing suit will constantly rub against my legs and make me quite cold before I get back into the house...only about 5 steps from the house.

I have started taking the bathing suit off before exiting the tub and wrapping a towel around me once I'm out of the tub.  This has stopped the cold leg problem.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 12:12:50 pm »
the further it is, the less likely you are to use it in the winter...

My thought as well.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

tomsem

• 2010 Caldera Niagra
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 09:10:40 pm »
I agree with wmccall......the wind is the biggest factor in winter for me.  If it is a windy, winter night,  I won't go out.  It can be very cold, and if the wind is calm it isn't bad. 

I wear a heavy bath robe and slippers out in the winter and quickly dry off and put the bath robe on.  With the bath robe being dry, it helps. The slippers keep your feet warm, too. Highly recommended. 

I have to go across my deck (15 feet) and down the deck stairs (9 steps) and use mine in the winter all the time.  I just keep the deck and tub shoveled off. 

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 08:07:06 am »

I have started taking the bathing suit off before exiting the tub and wrapping a towel around me once I'm out of the tub.  This has stopped the cold leg problem.

What's a bathing suit? Does it have a tie?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

pronannek

capecitabine pancreatic cancer
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 09:41:20 pm »
capecitabine handfoot syndrome
capecitabine hand foot syndrome
capecitabine gemcitabine
capecitabine
mitomycin-c capecitabine protocol

http://capecitabine.onsugar.com

pronannek

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2011, 05:37:49 am »
axitinib capecitabine pancreatic
axitinib capecitabine
angina and capecitabine
breast cancer treatment with capecitabine
capecitabine and efflux

http://capecitabine.onsugar.com

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2011, 05:37:49 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42