What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cameo pricing in Canada  (Read 2905 times)

drblythe

Cameo pricing in Canada
« on: August 19, 2011, 08:21:20 pm »
Hi.  After many late nights reading old posts on this forum, I have narrowed my search to the Cameo and the J-355.  I like those pulsating jets on the Cameo plus the lounger might fit my 6'1" husband better than the J-355.  Thanks to you all for being so generous with your advice - it really helps newbies.  I can't say I didn't know I was supposed to wet-test!

The local dealer gave me a "non-negotiable, sale price" on an ordered 2011 Cameo of $12,500 Canadian, NOT including tax (14% in B.C.), lift-assist for the cover, steps or stereo.  It does include delivery and set-up.  This was my initial 15 minute visit to the store and, no, I wasn't obnoxious.  His price for the J-355 was $10,000 Canadian plus tax (2 stores, same owner).  This seems much higher than others in the U.S. have paid.  My question is whether there is a legitimate reason why these spas should be priced higher in Canada, considering that our dollars are near par.

He asked me 3 times what I did for a living until I told him (veterinarian) and also when did I hope to purchase a spa and he made sure to get my name and number.  Does he see an easy mark?  When he calls I think I'll just tell him that his price seems high - or is his price reasonable?

Thanks!!

Hot Tub Forum

Cameo pricing in Canada
« on: August 19, 2011, 08:21:20 pm »

robmet1015

Re: Cameo pricing in Canada
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 02:34:07 am »
Price in US for 2011 Cameo in PA state $12600. Price includes delivery and cover. Cover assist and stereo extra. stereo. Is $1100 option here. Price seems fair. My tax 6%.

drblythe

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 03:38:35 pm »
Thanks very much, Robmet.  Still, it's difficult to feel good about paying full price when it seems like others routinely get the same spa for less.  Am I mistaken about that?  Please someone set me straight if I am.  As much as I like the Cameo I'd rather do without than play the game.  So the MRSP is $12,500 CDN but does anyone have a rough idea of what most Cameos leave the store for?  Thanks, everyone!   

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 03:38:35 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42