What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Arctic Yukon  (Read 5193 times)

SOFTAILGIRL

Arctic Yukon
« on: August 18, 2011, 12:59:59 pm »
Hi everyone,
Im new here and new to searching for a hot tub. We just looked at the Arctic Yukon, I loved it, but not knowing much about Hot tubs ( this will be my first) Im worried about making the wrong decision. I have lower back disc issues, the BF has back problems, and the kids play lots of sports and one of them always has some sore spot, so it will get used a lot. I want a 6 man tub, with the deep tissue therapeutic jets, I do not need the sterero, mood lighting etc. It will be housed on a concrete pad with a screen/window room around it. We live in Buffalo NY so winters are very tough and we do want to use it all year. Any suggestions?? Like I said I saw the Yukon and really liked it, but wondering if there is any other makes I should be looking at??

Hot Tub Forum

Arctic Yukon
« on: August 18, 2011, 12:59:59 pm »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Arctic Yukon
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 02:19:00 pm »
Consider Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, Caldera, Sundance, D1.   Be comfortable with the dealer and the spa.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Water Boy

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 02:30:38 pm »
Hi everyone,
Im new here and new to searching for a hot tub. We just looked at the Arctic Yukon, I loved it, but not knowing much about Hot tubs ( this will be my first) Im worried about making the wrong decision. I have lower back disc issues, the BF has back problems, and the kids play lots of sports and one of them always has some sore spot, so it will get used a lot. I want a 6 man tub, with the deep tissue therapeutic jets, I do not need the sterero, mood lighting etc. It will be housed on a concrete pad with a screen/window room around it. We live in Buffalo NY so winters are very tough and we do want to use it all year. Any suggestions?? Like I said I saw the Yukon and really liked it, but wondering if there is any other makes I should be looking at??

Welcome to the forum Softailgirl. Arctic Spas make a fine spa, and are regarded by many as one of the better brands in the industry. I agree with Dan as well on the rest of his list, but Arctic is right along with the ones he listed. Arctic Spas are extremely energy efficient, so it would perform just fine in your area, even in the winter. The Yukon would for sure seat six pretty easily, and I think it would do just fine for your backs. The two main therapy seats in the Yukon are very nice with all of the rotating jets, with the three and five inch spinning jets. There is also the main seat that is very deep with jets all up and down your back, so I think you would love that seat. I agree with Dan too in make sure to research your local dealers. They can be just as important as the brand of spa that you are looking at. But Yes, Arctic makes a fine spa, and you would not be disappointed with it imo. They do make the Yukon is 6 different jetting packages, and it you don't want the stereo or the lights, you can get a better price too. Good luck in your search!
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 02:35:22 pm »
Like I said I saw the Yukon and really liked it, but wondering if there is any other makes I should be looking at??

Of course you want to buy from a dealer who gives you a feeling of trust but the brand you decide on is certainly a big decision. Everyone has their own favorites so you'll get varying opinions but my personal short list based on quality, energy efficiency, trust in warranty follow through, etc. would be Caldera, D1, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi and Sundance though it will obviously depend on who is in your area (buy local for sure).

Visit multiple dealers so you can compare them and their products vs each other. Take your time and ask to wet test the ones you like best (preferably test them on the same day or at least the same weekend).
220, 221, whatever it takes!

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 02:56:18 pm »
i agree with Spatech, Dan and Beer Man, definately shop around check out the other brands on the top tier list, D1, Sundance, Jacuzzi, Hot Springs,Marquis,to name a few, But it is very important to like and trust the dealer no matter what the brand,,,, You can find a great spa and buy it and have the worst service,, so check around...
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

SOFTAILGIRL

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 07:14:16 am »
Thank you both so much for responding. I will check the other brands out, I just didnt want to buy the first hot tub I looked at, but wasnt sure what to compare it to. This deff helps :)

SOFTAILGIRL

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 07:16:15 am »
I meant thank you all, not both..UGH to early in the morning! LOL

dodgyswa

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 08:55:48 am »
welcome to the forum!... I'm also in the Buffalo area... and just took delivery of a brand new Marquis!... so far, LOVING it and the customer service has been GREAT!.... have you checked out the local dealers at the fair?..... from what I understand, most of the local dealers have tubs to check out there with special fair sales... good luck with your search!

SOFTAILGIRL

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 09:00:11 am »
Hi Dodgyswa,
 Yes I did check them out at the fair, (along with spending and eating to much lol)that is where I found the Arctic Yukon. What dealer did you get your tub from?

dodgyswa

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2011, 11:59:05 pm »
Hello Softailgirl,
Just wondering how your tub search is going? Did you settle on the Yukon?... I sent you a private message regarding the dealer I got my Marquis from. also, just curious, did any other spa brands that you might have seen at the fair interest you?... good luck with your search!

SOFTAILGIRL

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2011, 02:11:51 pm »
I havent decided yet, and really havent had a chance to check any others out, after this week (my son leaves for college Wednesday) I will have some free time to go and check a few diff brands out. I did get your email and thank you so much for the info, going to be the first dealer I go visit.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2011, 02:11:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42