What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Solana TX  (Read 7825 times)

marina

Solana TX
« on: August 13, 2011, 08:20:34 am »
Hi,
 After research, wet tests, etc., I bought the Solana TX yesterday. Wanted to put the tub ON my deck, and it will be used by myself and maybe another.

I know that the tub can run on a 110volt. The dealer told me that a 220 volt was unnecessary for this tub.

Before I get an electrician here, can I get opinions? 110 or 220 volt?
Thanks,
 Marina

Hot Tub Forum

Solana TX
« on: August 13, 2011, 08:20:34 am »

soak-king

• Where did that dang duck go anyway?
    • Backyard Oasis
Re: Solana TX
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 10:32:30 am »
The TX will run fine on 110v. The main difference, I believe, is that in 110v the pumps and heater cannot come on at the same time. That being said I'm not 100% sure if they both will come on in 220v either.

What part of the world / country are you in? If your in a very cold climate then I might go with 220v, otherwise I'd stay 110v.
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

It IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you.

d00nut

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 02:02:51 pm »
How do you plan on using the tub, and what is the climate like where you live?

110V will not allow you to run the jets on a high speed and the heater at the same time.  This is fine for most people, as most are not in their spa for more than 20-30 minutes at a time, and even then, most people don't have the jets on the entire time they are in the spa.  Also, the 4 KW heater on a 110V hook up acts like a 1000 Watt heater, which means it takes longer to heat up initially.

So if you are the type of tubber that is in the spa for long periods of time, with the jets on most of the time, 220V might be for you.  Also depends if it's cold outside.  Just the opposite happens to your 4 KW heater on a 220V hook up, it will use all 4 KW when heating, which means it will heat up really fast initially.

Note:  There is no real cost difference between the two as far as monthly operating expenses go.

marina

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 02:35:21 pm »
I live in the Northeast on Cape Cod, so I get cold temps for sure, a bit tempered by the ocean effect.
Marina

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 03:31:47 pm »
I live in the Northeast on Cape Cod, so I get cold temps for sure, a bit tempered by the ocean effect.
Marina

Being in a cold area, if you see yourself being in the spa for more than 10 minutes with the pump on in the winter time get the 220v option. If you are like me with the jets (I don't use the jets more than 5 minutes) or if you see yourself only being in 10 or sominutes anyway, you'll be fine with the 110V IMO. Otherwise (or if in doubt) get the 220v.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 12:23:04 pm »
The TX only has a 1000 watt heater. I don't think that changes if you go to 50A 220 - I KNOW it doesn't change if you go to 30A 110. This is the only tub I know of which offers 110 30A - which can run the (1000watt) heater and jets on 110. But for 110 30A you have to hardwire directly. Ask your dealer to call the factory and verify for you - I have to run or I would do it for you right now - but in a cold climate you may want more than 1000 watts of heat. It is a tiny spa and it should get up to temp and stay there, but if you are in it on a cold cold night...?
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 12:23:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42