What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog and Hydropool Owners  (Read 6413 times)

x96mnn

Bullfrog and Hydropool Owners
« on: August 28, 2011, 11:01:18 pm »
Live in Canada where our winters can hit -20 and looking for a Hot Tub.

Have two multiple dealers in my town but only two wanted to spend the time to answer questions or knowledge that I was even there which leaves me with either a Bullfrog or Hydropool to choose from.

Anyone with any experience with these tubs I would appreciate any direction you can give me. Both tubs seem really well made and hold their heat in the Canadian winter without destroying your wallet. The Bullfrog spray in insulation seems great but knowing water follows the path of least resistance finding a leak could be a pain although they back it with a lifetime guarantee against leaks. The fit and finish on the Hydropool doe not seem to be as clean but the dealer seems to be more knowledgeable with a member on staff who worked for Hydropool for 20yrs on staff.

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog and Hydropool Owners
« on: August 28, 2011, 11:01:18 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Bullfrog and Hydropool Owners
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 07:07:04 am »
Welcome to the forum.  Most owners don't think finding leaks in wet foam is that hard to do or hard to replace the foam. What other brands are in your area that the dealer's didn't seem that interested? I've found in many locations that spa salesman treat everyone like "looky-loos" until they see them a 2nd or 3rd time.  Its not a good sign, but they may treat you well in the long run.  I can't pass any judgement on those two brands as neither on is in my home town.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

x96mnn

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 08:41:50 pm »
The only other model in the area is sundance which the insulation is not sufficient for Canadian winters on observation and word of mouth. A neighbor had a Sundance tub and his electric bill was triple that of the neighbor with the bullfrog. Once they switched the power issue went away.

hudler

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 12:20:23 am »
I have a Jacuzzi, live in Saskatchewan, but have not been through a winter yet. I looked at bullfrog and really like them. My Jacuzzi is perfect for me, but bullfrog was right up at the top of my list! Pretty good reviews of the bullfrog line and some very nice features. Wet test the model you are interested in and see how comfortable it is.

x96mnn

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 12:59:13 pm »
I would have liked to look at Jacuzzi but the nearest place is 3.5hrs away and I am not comfortable buying from that far.

Part of me wishes there were more brands to look at here but the other part of me is glad there is not, hard enough with the few options on do have.

x96mnn

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 10:45:49 pm »
I think I need to change my opinion on Sundance, the dealer here does seem poor but info on the net have their tubs rated high. Looking at the insulation on the models I looked at they appeared to be bags of r20 that line the outside layer.

Is there anyone who has gone through a tough winter with these tubs and have some info on how they performed and the electric bills. My neighbor had one but maybe it was a lemon or had an issue with the heater. I do not want to rule out the brand now based on consumer ratings.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 09:29:15 am by x96mnn »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 10:45:49 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42