What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HotSpring TriFilter performance  (Read 2929 times)

robmet1015

HotSpring TriFilter performance
« on: July 28, 2011, 11:21:33 am »
I am looking at new 2011 vista from Hotspring and was wondering how these new tubs works on filtering.  Does the low flow rate 4.1GPM circ pump and no-bypass filtering work adequately to keep the water clear and clean on a daily basis? 

Any comments eitehr pro or cons would be benficial.  I feel they have a great product and would like to know any issues or gripes or praises...

I am also considering ACE water salt treatment for the  tub as well... pros/cons/gotchas?

Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

HotSpring TriFilter performance
« on: July 28, 2011, 11:21:33 am »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: HotSpring TriFilter performance
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 04:29:45 pm »
 I think the filtration is good, better than anybody elses depends and is probably highly debatable.   Most people need to look past all that stuff and go with a dependable dealer and a spa they like comfort wise and quality wise throw price in there as well.
    As far as the salt system goes one of the best out there, but I think a mineral cartridge and chlorine/shock work just as well and cost a heck of a lot less in the long run.    Just because it's a salt system doesn't mean your not going to use chlorine with it, which to me defeats the whole "our spa's" are chlorine free sales pitch used by one company in our area.   ::)   

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 06:50:28 pm »
can't get much better than 24hr circulation...keep your filters clean, make sure CH, pH and alk. are in proper range, and make sure you always have a level of sanitizer in the spa and that's pretty much it.  The ACE is a saltwater chlorine generator and should never be pitched as "chlorine free" it is merely an option, some people don't mind doing a standard chlorine, bromine or as mentioned above silver ion + MPS system

d00nut

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 07:04:57 pm »
I am looking at new 2011 vista from Hotspring and was wondering how these new tubs works on filtering.  Does the low flow rate 4.1GPM circ pump and no-bypass filtering work adequately to keep the water clear and clean on a daily basis? 

Any comments eitehr pro or cons would be benficial.  I feel they have a great product and would like to know any issues or gripes or praises...

I am also considering ACE water salt treatment for the  tub as well... pros/cons/gotchas?

Thanks.

I like the Tri-X filters because of how easy they are to clean.  You never have to mess with those damn pleats ever again!  Technically, the Tri-X are 65sqft vs. the standard Watkins filter which is 30sqft, so you have no choice but to use the Tri-X filters on a spa like the Vista.  I personally own a Vanguard and believe that the filtration is one of the best.  That's not to say I think it is better than anything else out there.  More so than anything, I think the 100% no-bypass protects the longevity of your jet pumps, but that's just me.

The ACE system works really well, almost to well.  The problem with it is that it is not as maintenance free as HotSpring would lead you to believe.  The people I end up selling it to are those who want a more natural way of sanitizing their water, rather than bottled products.  Just keep an eye on it with if you do end up attaching it to your purchase.

To be honest, we sell Silk Balance way more than we sell ACE.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 07:39:23 pm »
 More so than anything, I think the 100% no-bypass protects the longevity of your jet pumps, but that's just me.   ???

I can't say I have ever seen a pump go bad from something that got through a suction fitting.   I did pull some panties out of a pump once that went through a filter fitting because the filter was out.  :o   I honestly can't see 100% filtration making a difference in the life of a pump.

d00nut

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 08:55:29 pm »
Like I said, it's just me that says it.  I think it's safe to say that a lot of spas are not treated the way they should be... unfortunately.  In general, I see the Hot Springs withstand a little bit more because of the added filters over each jet pump. 

If you treat your spa as intended by the manufacturer though, I would say there is a small amount, to no difference what so ever in regards to water care.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 02:47:01 pm »
In general, I see the Hot Springs withstand a little bit more because of the added filters over each jet pump. 

???    Sorry still makes no sense what so ever, chemical wise or not. 

d00nut

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 03:10:41 pm »
I'm not slamming any other spa.  I'm just saying when I get used spas back, I generally have less work to do in regards to the jet pumps on a Hot Spring.  It's almost like a safety net for people who leave a bunch of crap in their spa.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 06:11:13 pm »
I'm not slamming any other spa.  I'm just saying when I get used spas back, I generally have less work to do in regards to the jet pumps on a Hot Spring.  It's almost like a safety net for people who leave a bunch of crap in their spa.

I Didn't say you were slamming any other spa. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 06:11:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42