What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: H20 spas  (Read 12371 times)

drblythe

H20 spas
« on: August 21, 2011, 08:59:51 pm »
Hi, everyone.  Does anyone own an H20 spa or have any experience with them?  (www.H20spas.ca)  My boss has owned one for several years without any problems, including one move.  They use it every day and say it has helped them immensely through the teenage years.  We need a hot tub!  I'm considering looking at the Radium:  80" x 80" x 40" with a lounger.  Don't know the price yet.  Presumably a LOT less than the Cameo but maybe it's all we need.  Also considering the Beachcomber 550 ($10,764.00 plus tax, including lift-assist).  What I really want is a 2010 Cameo (or maybe a J-355) but I'm not sure about the price of $12,500 Canadian for the bare-bones Cameo (without tax/steps/ozone/lift-assist/stereo/extra filters --- nada).  Does that price not seem high?  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks!  (I'm feeling like a bit of a leper and I'm not sure why...) 

Hot Tub Forum

H20 spas
« on: August 21, 2011, 08:59:51 pm »

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
Re: H20 spas
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 12:58:02 pm »
i sell the H20 it is a great brand, Have you been to the factory to see them, If not you should call and talk to Mark or Jeff, They are a different build  from  alot of spas,, the use the Roxul insulation which is a great insulator as well if you need to service any plumbing it is easy access....depending on the series of the Radium will depend on which you choose, anywere from probably 7500 up to 10,000. rough guess and depending on were you are.
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

drblythe

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 10:56:06 pm »
ejf - thank you SO much for replying.  I was sure I had burned my bridges with you all with my question about Cameo pricing - and maybe I have - but I never want to offend anyone!!  We're all just trying to make a living but there's no denying the industry is confusing.  Consumers just want to know the true price of something and we'll either buy it or we won't.  When I'm told that something costs $14k-ish but it's permanently on sale for $12k-ish I'm instantly confused and turned off.  When prices seem too slippery I just move away... 

I'm leaning toward the H20 brand for several reasons but mainly because of the sales approach.  Some of us are very sensitive about this!!  Their top of the line 80 x 80 x 40" is $9800 CDN plus tax, period.  I believe that is the true price and I have no intention of countering.  I like that!  They weren't interested in my contact info - I like that, too. 

I'm sure the Cameo is fabulous but what I don't know is how much of a premium I'd be paying for the good, well-known NAME and the bling that I don't care about (multi-color variable waterfall etc.).  I'm happy to pay for true value and service but maybe a little-known brand is sometimes just as good but can't charge a premium price because nobody has heard of them. 

H20 is a small family company based in B.C., Canada.  They make each shell to order, apparently.  I understand Roxul insulation has an R value equal to or better than full-foam?  I'm told all hot tub companies get their jets from one of two companies so there's no sense paying a lot extra for "Sundance jets".  I have no idea if that's true or false but I'm sure you guys do.   ;-)  One thing H20 mentioned is that their 24h circ. pump uses 1.5" pipe vs. 0.5" pipe used by Sundance so it might be less prone to clogging with pine cones etc. 

I'd be very interested in hearing about any problems with reliability or servicing of H20 spas.  There's very little on-line.  I'm presuming this is a good thing because people love to complain, as we all know. 

Everyone shopping now should read the post "Newbie Advice For Buying a Spa".  So far this is about as much fun as buying a new bed.  Now there's an industry that infuriates consumers!  Many, many thanks to you all for your generous help in advising newbies like us!!  We realize you do it voluntarily and we certainly appreciate it!  (I'd be happy to reciprocate off-forum with veterinary advice if you tell me how to access my PM.)

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 04:16:16 pm »
yes the circ pump uses a bibber pipe,, less strain on the circ pump actually Roxul has a R22 value better than foam, it is in sheets 6 inches thick and is made fom recycled slag and concrete.jets are made by waterway which are used in most brands on the market, your not stuck with brand specific and have to buy form them, Us for service we have not had a lot of problems. sure we have had pumps go bad, some pressure switches, the biggest issue we had was air locks, Make sure you fill the water throught the filter cannister to prevent this form happening. any questions you can call me or pm me....you will like the H20 they are a very good company to work with
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

drblythe

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 01:23:04 am »
ejf - that's so helpful.  I appreciate your reply very much!  I still have to wet-test and I hope we like it because I really want to support a small, local company that uses recycled material like Roxul.  Although I really hate wasting anybody's time, I might wet-test the Cameo also because so many people seem to love theirs and none of you are telling me that almost $15k (including tax, steps and lift-assist) for a spa without ozone or a stereo is unreasonable.  Really??  I guess I'd better check out what's so great about the Cameo.  Thanks again!               

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 01:23:04 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42