What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: another real noob question...  (Read 3305 times)

NurseN2000

another real noob question...
« on: July 23, 2011, 07:30:46 pm »
How do you make the water that really aqua color, like tropical looking?  or am I just looking at photo shopped pictures on the hot tub manufacturer's websites?

Hot Tub Forum

another real noob question...
« on: July 23, 2011, 07:30:46 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: another real noob question...
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 08:09:16 pm »
Or Blue lights?  The Clearer the better.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

colo_artist

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 10:59:02 am »
How do you make the water that really aqua color, like tropical looking?  or am I just looking at photo shopped pictures on the hot tub manufacturer's websites?

I don't know how aqua colored the aqua looks on the web sites you're looking at, but here's an un-edited pic of my Marquis Wish...

The natural aqua color of the water is shown off with a white shell, which is one reason I ordered the white swirl. That plus it's better at hiding the water deposits than a dark shell color.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 11:01:22 am by colo_artist »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 01:36:09 pm »
How do you make the water that really aqua color, like tropical looking?  or am I just looking at photo shopped pictures on the hot tub manufacturer's websites?

I don't know how aqua colored the aqua looks on the web sites you're looking at, but here's an un-edited pic of my Marquis Wish...

The natural aqua color of the water is shown off with a white shell, which is one reason I ordered the white swirl. That plus it's better at hiding the water deposits than a dark shell color.

Is this open to the sky above? I know sunlight tends to pass blue through our atmosphere more than other colors so sometimes water looks a little bluer in white tubs on sunny days.

Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

colo_artist

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 04:22:01 pm »

Is this open to the sky above? I know sunlight tends to pass blue through our atmosphere more than other colors so sometimes water looks a little bluer in white tubs on sunny days.

Outdoors, but under a roof. It was sunny when I took the pic, but even when it's cloudy there's an aqua color to it.

At night, on come the lights. The white shell is nice for that as well...

NurseN2000

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 06:17:48 pm »
Colo_artist that looks so nice!!!  I think some of the ones on the websites/brochures look like that but slightly enhanced maybe??  I think it's so pretty, that is one of the reasons I got a light colored tub too, I ordered the sterling silver (which looks pretty much white with a small amount of a silvery swish throughout it) and am hoping my water will look like that.  I was debating getting a darker color, but the sales girl said to compare the look of the water in 2 of her full tubs...one looks like "drinking water" (the light color tub) and the other (darker colored tub) does not...that really helped me, because I was thinking about the shell color, but not necessarily how inviting the water would look inside that shell...i think the water in the light colored tubs practically sparkles in the sunshine!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 06:17:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42