What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot tub replacement cover  (Read 2229 times)

jcmsrv

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Hot tub replacement cover
« on: July 20, 2011, 12:30:00 pm »
Hi,
we have a 6 year old Artesian Piper Glen tub that needs a new cover. Any recomendations on where/what to buy?
Thanks,
John

Hot Tub Forum

Hot tub replacement cover
« on: July 20, 2011, 12:30:00 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Hot tub replacement cover
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 07:01:51 am »
Hi,
we have a 6 year old Artesian Piper Glen tub that needs a new cover. Any recomendations on where/what to buy?
Thanks,
John

While we encourage people to buy from their dealer, this is one major purchase and getting the best deal/value is very important and I don't think local dealers have the best options, though yours may.  There are a couple of online companies that people where have had good luck with, myself included. I'm sure people will be along shortly to fill you in about that.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 08:40:09 am »
Hi,
Thanks,
John

I have had good luck with Doc's covers from RH Tubs dot com. But there are a couple others that have also done well at other online retailers.
Retired

JulieMor

• IBEW Member since 1974
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 03:25:46 pm »
After buying two covers directly from the local Hot Springs dealer and seeing them last about 3-4 years before they start to take on water, we decided to purchase one online.  We ended up buying one from Hot Tub Works.  We also bought a cover lift.  I loved the fact we could choose not only the cover color but also how it's built.  We opted for a 4" (edge) to 6" (center) cover, folded 90 degrees from the original (that worked best for our setup) and upgraded the moisture barrier.  The old cover was 3"-4" with a standard moisture barrier that acted like a sponge.

The last cover cost us about $500.  This one was around $650 and that included the cover lift.  It took about 6 weeks to be delivered to the door.  We just put it on last night.  It looks great but the radius at the corners is a bit large, hardly noticeable though.  We took the figures Hot Tub Works had and used them.  Length and width are perfect.  It creates a vacuum!

Time will tell how long it holds up. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 03:25:46 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42