What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Clearwater 2011 Tradition Signature, is this a good deal???  (Read 14738 times)

jettaguy

Well it looks like we've narrowed it down to a Clearwater Tradition Signature 2011 model. There are 4 or 5 hot tub dealers in our area Clearwater Spas, Acrtic Spas, Dynasty Spas, and Hot Springs- H2O spas. We took that list down to Clearwater and Artic and then decided to go with Clearwater.

We based our decision on a couple of things.

Spa efficiency- we get temps of -35 C in the winter.
Warranty/Dealer service- spending  10k+ on a tub is not a small investment.
Options/value for money
extras included with tubs

Now being only one Clearwater dealer in our area I want to know if we're getting a fair price on the spa.

2011 Clearwater Tradition Signature Floor Model - about 2 months on floor
PLP light package
Removable Bistro Table
Cover
Cover Lifter
Steps
Chem Package/Starter Package/Delivery/Setup and 1 year chemicals.
Steps

12,900 CDN  out the door taxes in.  10% taxes so $ 11,610 for the tub.

Hot Tub Forum

jettaguy

Re: Clearwater 2011 Tradition Signature, is this a good deal???
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 11:17:51 pm »
Anyone??

8)

d00nut

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 12:02:10 am »
Won't leave you hanging, but I don't have a whole lot of experience with Clearwater either  :-\  (HotSpring & Jacuzzi dealer)

One thing I will say though, is your paying approximately $13,500 (US) for a spa and not getting an Ozone?  Or is that included with the starter package?

Remember that prices will vary a healthy amount depending on your location/turnover/overhead/etc.

How do you feel about the dealer?  I hear it all the time, I preach it all the time... A dealer can make or break your experience.  There are a lot of good hot tubs out there, but if a dealer doesn't care what happens after the original transaction... you get the point.

jettaguy

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 10:45:37 am »
No, no ozone included in that price. And one of the top reasons we took the list down to Clearwater or Artic was because of the dealer/after sales support.

jettaguy

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 10:49:08 am »
Check that. There is an ozone system included. The ISIS salt system (bromine generator) is not.

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 08:55:51 pm »
jettaguy,
 canadian price thats sounds on par, , That has the ozone standard, and with the plp lighting added to it and 1 year of chemicals, i think you did pretty good....
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

NikiR

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 02:59:43 pm »
quick question where are you from?  We bought a clearwater in feb of this year in Calgary just wondering if that is where you are?  We bought last year's model of the St. Andrew, with the bromine system and love it.  :)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 08:46:00 am »
Well it looks like we've narrowed it down to a Clearwater Tradition Signature 2011 model. There are 4 or 5 hot tub dealers in our area Clearwater Spas, Acrtic Spas, Dynasty Spas, and Hot Springs- H2O spas. We took that list down to Clearwater and Artic and then decided to go with Clearwater.

Options/value for money

Now being only one Clearwater dealer in our area I want to know if we're getting a fair price on the spa.

PLP light package
Removable Bistro Table
Cover
Cover Lifter
Steps
Steps

Just curious, when you narrowed it to Arctic and Clearwater, how did you determine Clearwater to be more effecient in cold climates? And not just over Arctic but over all those in your original pool. As far as energy effeciency I would of rated them a lot different than you.
Retired

jettaguy

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 02:19:19 pm »
quick question where are you from?  We bought a clearwater in feb of this year in Calgary just wondering if that is where you are?  We bought last year's model of the St. Andrew, with the bromine system and love it.  :)

We are in Regina. If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for St. Andrew.

jettaguy

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 02:26:41 pm »

Options/value for money

PLP light package
Removable Bistro Table
Cover
Cover Lifter
Steps
Steps

Just curious, when you narrowed it to Arctic and Clearwater, how did you determine Clearwater to be more effecient in cold climates? And not just over Arctic but over all those in your original pool. As far as energy effeciency I would of rated them a lot different than you.

Efficiency was not the only criteria in our rankings. It was a total of all of them.

I would rank them in efficiency only like this.

1.Arctic
2.Hotsprings
2.Clearwater
4. H2o
5. Dynasty Spas

How would you rank them?

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2011, 05:07:29 pm »
i would rate these
1) H20
2)HotSprings
3)Clearwater
4)Artic
5)dynasty

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2011, 07:59:51 am »
i would rate these
1) H20
2)HotSprings
3)Clearwater
4)Artic
5)dynasty

I would rank them
1.Hot Springs
2.Arctic
3.H20
4.Clearwater
5.Dynasty
Retired

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2011, 01:24:44 pm »
Tman
 how do you figure these, i know you are a repair tech. i not starting a argument here specially on the thermal chamber full foam roxul insulation, But i deal with all three styles, we are in a cold climate in Eastern Washington as well.. But on the list, Arctic above H20, and Clearwater below Arctic, Both Clearwater and Arctic are built with very similiar styles as in open chamber, I would put them at the same for efficiency with the main pumps running the filter cycle, But when you ad the 24/7 circ pump on the Signature ceries of the Clearwater, having a low amp pump running and putting in heat of that circ pump running in the cold weather we see holds the heat in the chamber better than the spa coming on every 12 hours for 2 and then kicking on for heat from heat being sucked out of the chamber.... This is what we see out in the field even our outdoor showroom.....Hot Springs makes a great spa and efficiecnt, H20 with the Roxul insulation which does have a better r-value than full foam, but also with the 24/7 circ pump but also having the ability to pull the batting out easier if there is a leak, again this is what we see out in the field. May not be the case for every location, But in our climate this is what we see..

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2011, 02:24:16 pm »
Tman
 how do you figure these, i know you are a repair tech. i not starting a argument here specially on the thermal chamber full foam roxul insulation, But i deal with all three styles, we are in a cold climate in Eastern Washington as well.. But on the list, Arctic above H20, and Clearwater below Arctic, Both Clearwater and Arctic are built with very similiar styles as in open chamber, I would put them at the same for efficiency with the main pumps running the filter cycle, But when you ad the 24/7 circ pump on the Signature ceries of the Clearwater, having a low amp pump running and putting in heat of that circ pump running in the cold weather we see holds the heat in the chamber better than the spa coming on every 12 hours for 2 and then kicking on for heat from heat being sucked out of the chamber.... This is what we see out in the field even our outdoor showroom.....Hot Springs makes a great spa and efficiecnt, H20 with the Roxul insulation which does have a better r-value than full foam, but also with the 24/7 circ pump but also having the ability to pull the batting out easier if there is a leak, again this is what we see out in the field. May not be the case for every location, But in our climate this is what we see..

I'll jump in and say I'd also put the Hot Springs ahead of the H20 because they use multi-density foam so its not just the half pound type like most full foam spas use and the good thing about full foam is that its a sealed barrier in all dierctions whereas the thermal barrier never is totally sealed. I'm not too familiar with H20 and the Roxul used may have a good R-value but you never get the seams perfect and you have to factor that in as well though I'll defer to you when you say the H20 does do the thermal chamber insulating method well.

220, 221, whatever it takes!

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2011, 08:12:53 pm »
Spatech,
 Good points, H20 is fully insulated with the Roxul, your right their may be seems for heat to pull out, But i have found no heat lose at the skirting with a infrared thermometer... Its on par with Hot Springs or even the D1 we sell,, but it does have the advantage of ez access like the thermal chamber but insulated....

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2011, 08:12:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42