What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: MY FIRST HOT TUB J-470!!  (Read 3125 times)

hudler

MY FIRST HOT TUB J-470!!
« on: July 17, 2011, 07:55:07 pm »
HI I just picked up my first hot tub, a jacuzzi j470. The dealer where I purchased it is getting out of hot tubs so this was a cash and carry deal. I got a cover lifter and ozone generator with the tub but I have to install them. If you guys have any advice or pictures of where to place the ozone unit or pics of the cover lifter installed on a 470 I would appreciate any info you can provide. I have to build a place for it so for now its sitting in the garage. It has a sand shell and roasted chestnut skirt. I hope to have it up and running in the next couple weeks. Got to go read about water treatment, gonna use bromine. I will post pics when the whole thing is complete.

Hot Tub Forum

MY FIRST HOT TUB J-470!!
« on: July 17, 2011, 07:55:07 pm »

NurseN2000

Re: MY FIRST HOT TUB J-470!!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 11:35:14 pm »
Congrats, that's exciting!!!  I have ordered my first tub too, waiting for it to arrive.  The electrician is coming Wednesday morning, and then he'll come back to hook up the tub once it arrives too...I just have a little more work to do to get the spot ready, can't wait!! 

I don't know the answers to your questions, but wanted to wish you well on your adventure...enjoy your tub!   ;D

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 07:29:26 am »
Great hot tub, I hope that works out for you. Others can help with the ozone, but the cover lifters aren't too bad usually.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

hudler

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 04:02:30 pm »
Yes the cover lifter looks pretty easy to put on, its a covermate 3 so lots of info on the net. The ozone generator is alittle different, on the 470 it looks like I might have to mount the unit on the floor of the compartment. It also has two outlets, one for the tube from the tub, and another with a little filter that fits into it, I havent looked at it very close yet, I will give it a closer look over the next few days. The tub itself is a real beauty!! Lots of room and very impressive features.

d00nut

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 06:02:15 pm »
Yes the cover lifter looks pretty easy to put on, its a covermate 3 so lots of info on the net. The ozone generator is alittle different, on the 470 it looks like I might have to mount the unit on the floor of the compartment. It also has two outlets, one for the tube from the tub, and another with a little filter that fits into it, I havent looked at it very close yet, I will give it a closer look over the next few days. The tub itself is a real beauty!! Lots of room and very impressive features.

Don't mount the ozone to the floor.  Get some plumbing tape and mount it up-right (all ozone has to be up right.)  Use the plumbing tape between two 2 x 4's and just plug in the ozone tubing.  The J-400's already have the inlet and tubing, so literally all you need to do is mount & connect it. 

hudler

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 10:48:29 pm »
Thanks for the advice regarding the ozone, I was not aware it had to be upright. So I don't need the little filter thingy at all or should I still use it on the second connector on the ozone unit? Thanks for the reply!

d00nut

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 11:49:28 pm »
Thanks for the advice regarding the ozone, I was not aware it had to be upright. So I don't need the little filter thingy at all or should I still use it on the second connector on the ozone unit? Thanks for the reply!

I'd use the little filter thing.  If the air allowed to flow through your ozone unit is to great, your spa can gurgle... and gurgle loud.  The filter also prevents bugs from crawling up in your ozone unit and clogging the generator.  Hope it helps!   ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 11:49:28 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42