What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Just bought a used Caldera Geneva, and I have a couple questions...  (Read 3814 times)

basset_hounds

Hello,

I have what is probably a dumb question about my new-to-us 2001 Caldera Geneva.  The only owners manual I have is one I downloaded on the net.  Would anyone happen to know the part number or just which filter cartridge I need to order for it?  I ordered one that is evidently for a 2002 and up, it is too wide to fit into the filter.  From what my owners manual says, I need a 100 square foot cartridge.  I THINK the one that came with the spa may possibly be for a 75 square foot, because it's measurements match those of the 75 square foot cartridges.  But then again, what do I know?

I tried calling the local Caldera dealer, and once they hear that I didn't purchase the spa from them, their tone changes and they say "let me call you back" and of course, they NEVER do.  Which sucks for them, because my husband and I already have plans to buy a new one when this one bites the dust, and it won't be from them!!!!

Thanks in advance!

Hot Tub Forum

basset_hounds

Re: Just bought a used Caldera Geneva, and I have a couple questions...
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 08:58:58 am »
OH, and my second question is...

My light is stuck on green.  There was one time that it cycled through the colors but hasn't happened since.  Is there any simple way to fix this? 

Waterbug

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 09:19:06 pm »
  Your local dealer is no dummy.  If he gives you the filter information over the phone, he knows that you will probably order it on-line. (like you tried before).  I'm sure that if you go to his store, he will sell you the correct filter.  People that order hot tubs on-line, to get a price break, have the same problem getting warrenty repairs.   Dealers feel that they owe service to their customers and not so much to people that have gone elsewhere to get lower prices.  Sometimes it is worth the extra $$ to establish a business relationship with someome local.

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 12:23:34 pm »
Waterbug,
 there probably is some validity to it, BUT in this economy we feel it is even more important to talk to all customers including the ones that buy their parts on the internet. Why is this important if you show the customer the customer that you do care even for a part, you will build that relationship with that customer. You build that trust that customer will start coming into the store.. We see this happening every day. We have made some concessions to some pricing, but we a cemented a great relationship, like for instance this customer on the filter. So as a dealer you give him the number it also start a conversation for you to ask questions like why are you buying the parts on the internet? Did you know we can take of your parts needs and service support we are local? and so on. it works But the dealer needs to reach out for the support from the consumer. Like this thread when they buy another tub were are they going? yes we do hear that from some customers as a threat if you will, but we have to take the good with the bad.
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 12:41:57 pm »
ejf, it's called good will...or sometimes, just the cost of doing business.

Last week a guy walks into my shop. Wants to look at our wooden hot tubs. I asked how he found us. He said he talked to us some ten years ago on the phone. Didn't buy anything at the time, but was impressed that we spent over an hour giving him advise, even though there wasn't a sale to be made. He's currently building an eco resort...and gave me a deposit for TWENTY hot tubs.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

basset_hounds

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 02:07:54 pm »
The thing is, I never told the local dealer that I planned to order it, or if I planned to come buy it from them, I simply told them I was looking for a part.  And if they would ever return one of my phone calls, unless it was just astronomically that much higher than somewhere else, I would have ordered it from them.  But at this point, I'm almost to where I only want to deal with them if I absolutely have to.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 02:17:52 pm »
The thing is, I never told the local dealer that I planned to order it, or if I planned to come buy it from them, I simply told them I was looking for a part.  And if they would ever return one of my phone calls, unless it was just astronomically that much higher than somewhere else, I would have ordered it from them.  But at this point, I'm almost to where I only want to deal with them if I absolutely have to.

It should be a standard filter that they carry. Stop by in person with filter in hand and see what kind of vibe you get when you ask if they carry it.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

d00nut

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 02:27:31 pm »

Last week a guy walks into my shop. Wants to look at our wooden hot tubs. I asked how he found us. He said he talked to us some ten years ago on the phone. Didn't buy anything at the time, but was impressed that we spent over an hour giving him advise, even though there wasn't a sale to be made. He's currently building an eco resort...and gave me a deposit for TWENTY hot tubs.

That Rocks!  Congrats!

basset_hounds, did you ever talk to your local dealer before you got the spa?  It may be entirely possible that you talked to some new kid and he lost your information and therefore never got back to you.  Of course, it could be entirely possible that they are mad at you as well  :-\  

I personally, will always reach out to my customers even if they did not buy from me.  I'd much rather have the after-the-sale business than no business at all.  In regards to your light, those spas typically have a sequence of buttons you have to hit to make it go on a wheel.  You can stop the wheel on the color you want it to stay at by hitting another button.  The owners manual is really the only thing I would have to go off of.  If that's not the problem, it could be the control head, which is a costly expense.

-D-

basset_hounds

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2011, 03:46:59 pm »

That Rocks!  Congrats!

basset_hounds, did you ever talk to your local dealer before you got the spa?  It may be entirely possible that you talked to some new kid and he lost your information and therefore never got back to you.  Of course, it could be entirely possible that they are mad at you as well  :-\  

-D-

No, I never did talk to them about any hot tubs before we bought this one. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2011, 03:46:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42