What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Rotating jets won't spin?  (Read 6441 times)

passmaster16

Rotating jets won't spin?
« on: July 14, 2011, 12:36:31 am »
I just noticed on my new Caldera Palatino that only 1 of my 4 AdaptaSsage rotating jets is spinning.  I was planning to ask the dealer about it but before I do, I wanted to make sure that I'm not missing something obvious.  What could cause something like this on a new tub?  I can't imagine that I'd have 3 bad jets on a new tub.  Could there be air in the line or some other issue?  It seems like the jets are working as there is water passing through them.  It seems like they will spin slowly if I rotate the face of the jet counterclockwise to close them a bit but once I open them all the way to full pressure, they stop spinning except for the 1 jet that works regardless of being open or closed.  Any ideas?  I was wondering if I have to prime the pumps since the tub is still on its first fill.

Hot Tub Forum

Rotating jets won't spin?
« on: July 14, 2011, 12:36:31 am »

d00nut

Re: Rotating jets won't spin?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 02:06:52 am »
The rotary jets on that spa are similar to that of directional jets, the key is to make sure that the jet is pushed all the way to the outside of the escutcheon.  (Basically, stick you finger inside the jet and move the direction to as far out as you can.)  I hope this helps!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 07:06:51 am »
The rotary jets on that spa are similar to that of directional jets, the key is to make sure that the jet is pushed all the way to the outside of the escutcheon.  (Basically, stick you finger inside the jet and move the direction to as far out as you can.)  I hope this helps!

That does help with mine, sometimes I'll move them all the way to the center and then back out again a few time, seems to free something up. I was thinking of taking all the spinning jets out and soaking them in CLR. I think I have 8 or 10 of these type and the tub is 8 years old now. Might be time to replace a few.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

passmaster16

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 09:57:45 am »

Thanks, can you tell me if the rotary jets in my tub are Adaptassage or Verassage?  The spec sheet says they are Adaptassage but it doesn't look anything like the Adaptassage jet photo on Caldera's website.  The jet looks more similar to the Verassage http://www.hottubwarehouse.com/Caldera_Verassage_Jet_74395_p/74395.htm as it appears to have a single nozzle vs the two on the Adaptassage.  I wasn't sure if this made any difference in regard to my issue or not but I noticed that it says that the Verassage jet can stay stationary or rotate but it didn't say how to do this.  Nothing is mentioned in my owners manual either.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 09:57:45 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42