What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Arctic  (Read 3368 times)

jnsjr58

• Do like the smart piggy... build it with brick!!
Arctic
« on: July 13, 2011, 05:20:14 pm »
It's with great humility and regret that I make this posting

When I was searching for the 'perfect' hot tub, I spent many, many hours on this very forum reading and studying.

Going against the majority on this forum..... I chose Arctic.......

I chose poorly grasshopper

I feel I owe it to those of you looking for a new tub.

Long (painful) story short:  
Arctic = Problems.  
Arctic + problems + no customer support = very unhappy tub owner

I have had my motors repaired many times(at least 5)
I have had both my motors (finally) replaced. the primary motor replaced twice.
(please keep in mind, each time this involved an empty, a refill, waiting for the repair guy,a day off of work, lots of wasted water and electric)
I have had to have my control panel replaced.
I have had to replace 1/2 of my jets.
My cover is so heavy it takes two men and a boy to open it....... yes, I have the easy lift accessory.

NOW:  The other half of my jets are now poping out or not working (some will not stay in at all)

The local Arctic dealer has had soooooo many problems dealing with ' Arctic' that they no longer sell or service the Arctic line.

I have e-mailed Arctic 3 times asking for help with these jets....... Not a peep.

I even told them in my last e-mail that I would be posting here if i didn't hear from them

Still not a peep,........ this tells me that they really do not care.

To those of you still thinking of going with Arctic I would like to say:

I wish I had had enough sense to listen to those on this forum with greater hot tub knowledge than I.

Happy Tubing

Jim

« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 07:55:15 pm by jnsjr58 »

Hot Tub Forum

Arctic
« on: July 13, 2011, 05:20:14 pm »

Waterbug

Re: Arctic (with much) Regret
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 10:37:17 pm »
  My only advise is that the local dealer has as much culpability as the manufacturerer.  If they will not support a product that they sold, at a reasonable level, report them to the Better Business Bureau.  Check with your state's consumer protection bureau about other complaints against this manufacturer.

Water Boy

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 10:54:33 pm »
To the op, I am sorry to hear about the problems you have had with your spa. I am a Arctic dealer, and I never like hearing stories like that. I can tell you thay this is not normal for Arctic with us, and they do and have always stood behind their product. I would try calling up to Arctic, and see what they can do to help. I forwarded this message to my contact at Arctic as well to bring it to his attention. It looks like you got the spa around 2006, so I am guessing it might be out of warranty, but I would still give them a call and see what they can do to help.
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

sorebikr

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 09:54:27 am »
To the op, I am sorry to hear about the problems you have had with your spa. I am a Arctic dealer, and I never like hearing stories like that. I can tell you thay this is not normal for Arctic with us, and they do and have always stood behind their product. I would try calling up to Arctic, and see what they can do to help. I forwarded this message to my contact at Arctic as well to bring it to his attention. It looks like you got the spa around 2006, so I am guessing it might be out of warranty, but I would still give them a call and see what they can do to help.

What he said.  After the 2nd email without a response that would tell me that email is not the correct channel to try and address this problem.  Time to pick up the phone and/or start writing actual letters.  It may be that they "care" but they're just not seeing your emails for whatever reason.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 10:41:49 am »

The local Arctic dealer has had soooooo many problems dealing with ' Arctic' that they no longer sell or service the Arctic line.

I have e-mailed Arctic 3 times asking for help with these jets....... Not a peep.

I even told them in my last e-mail that I would be posting here if i didn't hear from them

Still not a peep,........ this tells me that they really do not care.

Jim

Phone them daily until you get someone to listen.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

jg

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 04:48:21 pm »
Jim,

My name is Shane and I work in the warranty and technical dept. at Arctic Spas/ Blue Falls Manufacturing. I read your post and I am sorry that you have been experiencing some issues with the jets and other items in the spa and I would like to try and help. Please contact me directly so that I can try and help you with some of the issues that you are experiencing.

Email me at shane@goarctic.com or call me directly at 1-800-309-1744 ext 322

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 12:38:34 pm »
i would agree that it starts with the dealer for resolving issues. if they can't then would be contacting the manufacturer with emails and phone calls. We don't like hearing issues like your having on your spa from any brand. hope it gets resolved keep us posted.

jg thanks for juming in to see what you can do.
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

jnsjr58

• Do like the smart piggy... build it with brick!!
Thanks to Shane from Arctic for stepping up and helping
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 09:11:36 pm »
Shane (aka jg) and I have been in contact. (Thank you)

It appears Arctic's email system may have been a little 'hit and miss' and my calls for help never got through to them.
Although this hasn't been resolved yet, I feel Arctic (Shane) is very sincere in his offer to help and I am very optimistic this will be resolved.
I am also somewhat embarrassed for posting this without following through and completing my due diligence by actually speaking to someone at Arctic, as many of you have suggested.

I am thankful in knowing that :
1) Arctic does indeed care about customer satisfaction
2) This forum is available, and I think for the most part, the individuals participating on this forum are sincere in wanting everybody to enjoy their hot tubing experience, no matter what brand they choose.

I will post a follow up soon.

Thank you for your replies
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 07:54:36 pm by jnsjr58 »

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2011, 12:09:19 pm »
Glad to hear we can help. I can understand there can be frustration and needing to vent....no harm no foul... good luck keep us posted..
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2011, 12:09:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42