What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Spring Aria versus Caldera Tahitian: Which One to Buy?  (Read 23960 times)

d00nut

Re: Hot Spring Aria versus Caldera Tahitian: Which One to Buy?
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2011, 03:05:35 pm »
Differences:
Aria:  Mutliple filters for cleaner water.
Tahitian:  One large filter

Aria:  Moto Massage plus variety of other jets
Tahitian: Variety of jets

Liters:  Sounds like dealer is in bed with Leisure Concepts.  Attaching lifter to the cover (Hot Spring exclusive) will make the cover last longer vs. the bar across the center which creates stress on the seams.

Don't go for the Everwood step.  Compare step to step.

Bottom line, both good spas.  Only you and your wife can decide if the Aria is worth more, and how much.  However, sounds like you were leaning toward the Tahitian.

I don't mind leisure concepts, but if I had a choice of having that bar across the top or not, I would choose otherwise (and did!)  PLus the covermate 3 goes straight up and down.  I'd prefer something like the covermate understyle or the Hot Spring cover cradle standard.

Plus the Aria has the Tri-X filters, which are super easy to clean.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2011, 03:05:35 pm »

Bo

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2011, 08:51:44 pm »
Well Everyone I made my purchase today. I paid $9795 + tax for a brand new 2011 Caldera Tahitian. That includes everything (steps, cover, cover lifter, free delivery, etc.). The guy would not budge. I had to negotiate to get free steps and a cover & cover lifter. Not a good time to be negotiating in mid summer either. Good Luck...I hope this info helps others.

Bo

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2011, 09:03:47 pm »
We got a note from the Mother Ship not long ago telling us that CoverMate lifts and others like them which pull up on the seam in the center of the cover have been causing damage. They enclosed a picture - I don't know if I can find and upload it - and they stressed that such damage would not be covered under the warranty. This is Watkins MFG, so I'm going to bet that Caldera dealers got the note same as I .

I have never seen a CM3 or lifters like it which works as smoothly nor as easy as the Cover Cradle, or even the Cover Upright for that matter.

I know the lifts from Watkins cost a few bucks more, but in my opinion they are worth every cent.

HTH
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

tomsem

• 2010 Caldera Niagra
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2011, 06:30:33 pm »

There are two negatives that I have read about the Tahitian . First, it does not drain fully when cleaning------ Thanks, Bo

Bo,

I have a Caldera Niagra and I use a utility pump to drain the rest of the tub when I change water.  It is basically a sump pump without any float switch on it.  If it is plugged in it is on and takes the water down to 1/4 inch.

After the tub drains down to the lowest level by gravity, I just set the pump  in the seats to drain them and then in the footwell to fully drain.  You can get them for about $50.

That is one way to get around the no floor drain issue that works really well.  
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 06:37:24 pm by tomsem »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2011, 06:30:33 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42