What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Is the Sundance Cameo expensive to run in cold climates (see chart)?  (Read 4973 times)

Kaisermust

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Took a look at the Sundance spa website and like the layout of the Cameo, which several people on this forum I think have.  It's a bigger than we need but I like its features.  Then went to their energy usage page (http://www.sundancespas.com/SundanceDifference/Energy.html) and it says this spa will cost about $29 per month to run at 45 degrees F.  I can only imagine this would double in single digits or high teen's temps in the winter.   Can this be?  Will our spa wind up costing around $50-$75 or more per month to run??? Tell me it isn't so--we have very high electric rates in NY (National Grid) and I'd like to get an idea of how much a spa adds to the electric bill before I get one only to have a heart attack when I get my electric bill.   :o

Hot Tub Forum

NurseN2000

Re: Is the Sundance Cameo expensive to run in cold climates (see chart)?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 01:17:54 pm »
I live in Oklahoma, and with our rates here I was told by the Sundance dealer the Cameo would run me around $12-13 on average a month to run, and we get pretty cold winters here (even though the spring, summer and fall are all warm to scorching hot).  That said, if you have an opportunity to look at LA Spas, you might want to take a look.  I was completely settled on the Cameo (even tho there were a few things I wished were different on it) when I stumbled quite accidentally on LA Spas' HEET.  I found it even more comfortable than the Cameo, and was able to get it fully loaded with everything I wanted (and nothing I didn't need or want) for about $1400 less than the Cameo!!  The lounger was what sold me, and the HUGE foot jets in the footwell are amazing...  I am not a dealer, just someone who purchased and is waiting for her first hot tub and am excited about my discovery so I want to spread the word.  I had wet tested 6 different tubs and I was going back and forth trying to decide because I liked some features of one brand/tub vs other features of another brand/tub...but when I found this spa i tossed all the other brochures in the trash, that's how much I loved this tub!!  I know none of this is really exactly what you were asking about, but I've read several of your posts so I know how you are feeling about finding the right tub & just decided to let you know that I was in the same boat and finally it all came together for me  :).  Just my 2 cents; good luck in your search, I look forward to reading about what you decide on (hopefully you'll find your perfect tub soon too!).

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 07:18:20 am »
Took a look at the Sundance spa website and like the layout of the Cameo, which several people on this forum I think have.  It's a bigger than we need but I like its features.  Then went to their energy usage page (http://www.sundancespas.com/SundanceDifference/Energy.html) and it says this spa will cost about $29 per month to run at 45 degrees F.  I can only imagine this would double in single digits or high teen's temps in the winter.   Can this be?  Will our spa wind up costing around $50-$75 or more per month to run??? Tell me it isn't so--we have very high electric rates in NY (National Grid) and I'd like to get an idea of how much a spa adds to the electric bill before I get one only to have a heart attack when I get my electric bill.   :o

It may cost you 50-75 per month when its in the single digits. But on the flip side when its in the 70's and 80's it will cost you 10-15 per month. So during the course of the entire year, yep, I'd say 30 bucks a month is about right.
Retired

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 01:22:22 pm »

It may cost you 50-75 per month when its in the single digits. But on the flip side when its in the 70's and 80's it will cost you 10-15 per month. So during the course of the entire year, yep, I'd say 30 bucks a month is about right.

I generally agree. I think 30 is low for an average but it's insulated well.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 01:22:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42