What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: LA Spas HEET owners, what options did you get?  (Read 4793 times)

NurseN2000

LA Spas HEET owners, what options did you get?
« on: July 06, 2011, 05:37:22 pm »
Right now I am thinking of getting the 32 jet model, with the 4 underwater lights, 2 backlit waterfalls, the water fx fountains, stainless steel jets all to keep it to the price I want to spend.  If it were you, and you were ordering again, would you skip some of the "extras" in favor of more jets?  I wet tested the 32 jet model, and loved every seat in it...but would I love more jets even more?  I hate to sacrifice all the goodies, being a very visual person and all, but i just don't want to have regrets down the road that i didn't get the wrist jets or some of the other jets...

What would you do?

Hot Tub Forum

LA Spas HEET owners, what options did you get?
« on: July 06, 2011, 05:37:22 pm »

NurseN2000

Re: LA Spas HEET owners, what options did you get?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 05:40:14 pm »
btw, i absolutely LOVE this tub!!! and i have wet tested all the big brands, from Sundance to HS, Artesian, even Catalina and a locally made product...but when i sat in the LA Spas Heet i fell in love and was ready to marry it, and the dealer is wonderful too :)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 01:15:52 pm »
If you end up with this model, I'll be curious to see how it goes. I've not had an LA Dealer here, but did see one at the State Fair once.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

NurseN2000

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 05:33:56 pm »
I will let you know, I pulled the trigger and am anticipating delivery in late August (I am on vacation the last week of August, so I want it by then) so I have time to build a patio and get the electric done...it's been over 100 degrees pretty much every day for the last month, so working outside on getting things ready is sort of slow going...My dealer is really great, they let me put down whatever i wanted to (as little as $100!!) and said they'll get it ordered and in, so whenever i'm ready it will be in the back wrapped up & ready to come home!!  I ended up at $8400 OTD, including tax, 5"cover w/lifter, steps, ozone, 6 months of chems, 3 extra filter covers, 4 underwater LED color change lights, 2 backlit waterfalls, backlit fountain, and she threw in the stainless steel jets too.  It's the 32 jet model, I loved every seat in it just the way it is, only other thing i might have wanted was wrist jets (but not for the $700 to bump up to 54 jets!)...but the massive, powerful volcano jet will take care of my wrists just fine I'm sure, i'm really more concerned with back & leg pain anyway  ;D

Can't wait to get it home, but in the mean time the salesgirl said I can come by anytime & sit in the model tub; i told her she's my new bestest friend!!! 

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 07:27:24 pm »
Congrats on the spa!  Delivery in late August whats up with that, or are you just not ready till then?

NurseN2000

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 11:25:14 pm »
Yes, I won't be ready, we are still working on the yard to get it ready & since it's averaging 105-107 degrees here every day we can only do so much at a time...I just ordered it now so that when I'm ready it will be here for me  :).  I'm looking most forward to it when the weather starts to cool off anyway, right now my electric bills are about triple with the AC cranked everyday so it just makes more sense for me to wait a little bit... the anticipation is going to make it that much sweeter I think too!

ChaiSTi

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 03:21:52 pm »
The HEET is probably LA Spas more popular model.  I probably would have skipped on the stainless steel jets since rust or rust stain could become an issue.  It's also something that's not usually covered under warranty due to water chemistry or maintenance.

NurseN2000

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 05:57:19 pm »
The HEET is probably LA Spas more popular model.  I probably would have skipped on the stainless steel jets since rust or rust stain could become an issue.  It's also something that's not usually covered under warranty due to water chemistry or maintenance.

ChaiSTi, I didn't realize that rusting could be an issue;  I really prefer the look of the s/s jets though, so I'm still glad that I got them and thankful that at least I didn't have to pay for them lol  :)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 06:58:09 am »

8 years that hasn't been an issue for me.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 08:42:08 am »

ChaiSTi, I didn't realize that rusting could be an issue;  I really prefer the look of the s/s jets though, so I'm still glad that I got them and thankful that at least I didn't have to pay for them lol  :)

Depending on the "stainless steel" used, rust is always an issue. You will know in a few years how your particular "stainless steel" holds up.
Retired

NurseN2000

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2011, 04:35:52 pm »
is there something I can do with the water chemistry to help prevent rusting?  I really don't know anything yet about water chemistry.  Any other LA Spas owners have any issue with stainless steel jets rusting??

ChaiSTi

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2011, 04:49:53 pm »
If the stainless steel escutcheons do show sign of rust or staining, it's not going to be an LA Spas only issue.  The jets that they use are from Waterway.  Many spa manufacturers uses Waterway jets.

Here's a thread with someone complaining about Catalina Spas:

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/forum/index.php/topic,10895.15.html

There's some advise in there that will help you.

You'll also want to do some reading on this site or other spa forum sites that has a chemistry section.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2011, 04:49:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42