What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need help please!  (Read 2922 times)

tonyr41

Need help please!
« on: November 22, 2013, 11:37:05 am »
I just purchased a used hot tub (ICON Proform Tempest) which is around 9 to 10 years old. I had my electrician install a GFCI panel and we powered up the spa. After powering up the spa the GFCI and main panel kept tripping. After many attempts and troubleshooting I bought a new circuit board (Balboa 54448). After installing the new circuit board we powered it up and it tripped the GFCI and main breaker again so I found out there is a white jumper wire on my board that needed to be removed for it to be 240 volt. So we removed the wire and it didn't trip the GFCI or main panel but I had only one pump working out of the two and no spa lights. So I bought a new pump and new spa light controller and installed it. After powering up we got the same results, pump 1 was not working and no LED lights around the spa. I made sure to check all fuses and primed pump 1 and that part was good. The next day I sent some pictures of my circuit board to the spa dealer that I bought my pump from and he told me that my board was wired incorrectly that it is a neutral board with no neutral white wire going to it so I removed the wire and powered up the spa and it tripped my GFCI. So than he told me that I might have bad equipment so he had me unplug both pump connections, blower, ozone, and lights to my board and powered it up and it did not trip my GFCI. So than he had me plug one device in at a time and power up th GFCI to find out which device was tripping my GFCI. Come to find out that it was my blower that was tripping my GFCI and taking too much amperage. So after all that I powered everything up without the blower connection and now I have no lights on my top side contro panel and nothing is working on my spa? I am exhausted and out of ideas, please help!

Hot Tub Forum

Need help please!
« on: November 22, 2013, 11:37:05 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42