What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: FLO Error resolved? Or am I bypassing filter?  (Read 1820 times)

mohawk11

FLO Error resolved? Or am I bypassing filter?
« on: June 30, 2011, 10:08:24 am »
I have a new Sundance Optima (had it a little over a month). I started getting a FLO error a few days ago. I cleaned the filter yesterday (and the little suction filter leading to pump 1) and it went away. Today I went to check on it and saw that the temperature was only 97; it is set to 101. I then turned on pump 1 and got a FLO error, pump still ran. The error persisted with just pump 1, just pump 2, and both pumps, but went away with no pumps on. I pulled out the filter and the one underneath it (the suction one) is all scummy again, but not so scummy that it should impact flow.

So I powered it off for 20 minutes, cleaned out the suction filter, powered it on, and ran it again with no filters whatsoever. No error. I replaced both filters to find an error whether the pumps were running or not. So I loosened the filter a bit to the point where I could feel a very small flow at the outlet end of the filter at the collar (opposite the screw end). Was I over-tightening my filter? Or is it bad and the flow around the end is compensating for flow loss?

Any ideas?

Also, I've been in the habit of not powering off my hot tub (but no pumps running) when I clean my filter. Could this be a problem?

Hot Tub Forum

FLO Error resolved? Or am I bypassing filter?
« on: June 30, 2011, 10:08:24 am »

HotTubWorkscom

Re: FLO Error resolved? Or am I bypassing filter?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 05:01:15 pm »
Since your tub is new its not the obvious "replace your filter".   My only advice is to email mary@hottubworks.com as she was a tech manager at sundance for 20 years and has seen it all.  Sorry this one is beyond my scope.

clover

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 01:03:43 pm »
What chemicals are you putting into the water??????  Are you using ozone, and what else?
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 01:03:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42