What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Real newbie question  (Read 3202 times)

NurseN2000

Real newbie question
« on: June 22, 2011, 09:07:41 pm »
What is the selling point of "barrier free" seating?  I've seen it on websites and a dealer mentioned it, why is it desirable? 

Hot Tub Forum

Real newbie question
« on: June 22, 2011, 09:07:41 pm »

sorebikr

Re: Real newbie question
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 11:31:38 am »
What is the selling point of "barrier free" seating?  I've seen it on websites and a dealer mentioned it, why is it desirable? 

The easiest analogy I can come up with is its the same difference you'd experience comparing bucket seats to bench seating in the front seat of a car. 

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 12:01:06 pm »
On the barrier free, meaning it is easier to move around from seat to seat without going up and over arm rests, around bumpouts, More open seating concept...Some people make a big deal about that,
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 12:05:28 pm »
What is the selling point of "barrier free" seating?  I've seen it on websites and a dealer mentioned it, why is it desirable?  

The easiest analogy I can come up with is its the same difference you'd experience comparing bucket seats to bench seating in the front seat of a car.  

Its just a little nicer for moving around IMO (though you're bouyant so the car thing is only partially accurate really) and better if you're wanting to sit closer to someone  ;D.

Its really a personal preference thing. I like open seating and while it may be top 10 on my checklist of things to look for when shopping for a new spa its certainly not top 2 or 3 for me.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

sorebikr

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 02:23:46 pm »
What is the selling point of "barrier free" seating?  I've seen it on websites and a dealer mentioned it, why is it desirable?  

Its just a little nicer for moving around IMO (though you're bouyant so the car thing is only partially accurate really) and better if you're wanting to sit closer to someone  ;D.

Its really a personal preference thing. I like open seating and while it may be top 10 on my checklist of things to look for when shopping for a new spa its certainly not top 2 or 3 for me.

I didn't say it was a good analogy.  Just the closest I could come up with. 

footie

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 09:32:54 am »
It's mostly loungers where you need to actually make an effort to get out of, almost all other seats you simply slide from one to another, I know I wouldn't buy a tub where all seats were a chore to move from and I am sure most here would repeat this opinion.

pudge

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 06:27:01 pm »
As a great man once told me... "bucket seats would be great... if everyone had the same size bucket"   :D

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2011, 11:11:01 am »
I hope this doesn't come across as off topic =-

Be sure you don't try to judge the comfort of any tub seating arrangement in a dry tub.

Some folks do enjoy more contoured seating - but it can be a real pain to get into and out of contoured seats in a dry tub. Not so once you are warm, wet, and wonderful in a running tub.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

NurseN2000

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2011, 11:19:22 pm »
No worries Chas, I have already wet tested pretty much every tub in my area, with the exception of the local line of tubs made right here in OKC :)  ...but i plan to try them soon too lol.  Personally, while I really WANT to love the HS line, I find myself most comfortable in the Sundance Cameo, which has sort of a combination of seats, 2 with no barrier and then a bucket seat, a lounger, a "soaker" seat and a cool down/soaker seat.  I really love the seating and the different levels in it, so when i kept seeing on websites claims of "barrier free seating" I just started wondering if that was something that I might really miss if I went with the Sundance, so I was wondering if other people felt really strongly about it... I agree with you, I found myself easily able to move around the Cameo, and if I really want to sit close to someone there is a spot for that too!  Pretty sure the Cameo is for me, but I still want to test the local built tubs before I commit, the dealers are super nice, they are made within a few miles of my home, have excellent warranties and have all the supplies & repair people very handy...Not quite as pretty as HS & Sundance, but if i like the feel i will really have a hard decision...oh yeah, they also have barrier free seating, so I'll see how i like that  ;)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 11:24:07 pm by NurseN2000 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2011, 11:19:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42