What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Switched from Bromine to Sunpurity  (Read 6051 times)

mouth

Switched from Bromine to Sunpurity
« on: June 15, 2011, 09:39:39 am »
First thanks to Doggier for the post (http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/forum/index.php/topic,12973.0.html) on his recommondations on how to use the Sundance Sunpurity system. We've had our tub about 6 months now and for the first 4 I used the bromine method. I have a 2010 Sundance Optima (with ozinator) and when delivered this was the method the dealer suggested. My wife and I found the Bromine to be itchy and always had an odor, even when the levels are OK. I changed the water about 2 months ago and figured I'd give the Sunpurity a try and could not be happier. I've been following the suggested method from Doggier and have no odor, water is crystal clear and no itching.

Hot Tub Forum

Switched from Bromine to Sunpurity
« on: June 15, 2011, 09:39:39 am »

VTXMAN

Re: Switched from Bromine to Sunpurity
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 11:05:00 am »
Another point for good marketing.

Here is what Doggier stated he/she does:

- 1 N2 cartridge every 3-4 months (close to 4) with change of water.
- Maintain water temp > 100F (usually 103)
- MPS non-chlorine shock @ 3 tablespoons once/week (MPS reacts with the minerals to form an effective oxidizer)
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated chlorine 2-5 minutes before each use of the tub.

There is no reason you cannot maintain good water with the steps above without the N2.

footie

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 12:08:22 pm »
I can't believe that this method would be any easier or cheaper than the 3-step Bromine method.

mouth

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 12:31:03 pm »
For me it had nothing to do with being easier, it had to do with no odor and no itching.

footie

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 07:10:51 am »
For me it had nothing to do with being easier, it had to do with no odor and no itching.

I have neither odor or itch and nor does any one of my family or my friends that have used my tub. I don't think the itch is coming from the bromine, probably the amount that is being used as is the smell.

In fact I notice more of a smell from my chlorine pool than I do from my bromine tub.

mouth

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 01:27:03 pm »

I have neither odor or itch and nor does any one of my family or my friends that have used my tub. I don't think the itch is coming from the bromine, probably the amount that is being used as is the smell.

In fact I notice more of a smell from my chlorine pool than I do from my bromine tub.

OK, sounds like your happy with Bromine. The intent of this post was to let others know there are options and provide information on the best way to use the sunpurity method.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 01:35:09 pm »
 Only thing I don't agree with on the system is adding chlorine before you get in.   I always wait till I get out, works the same but your not sitting in chlorinated water.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 02:26:37 pm »
Only thing I don't agree with on the system is adding chlorine before you get in.   I always wait till I get out, works the same but your not sitting in chlorinated water.

Agree, I do the same unless its been awhile since my last soak and in that case I'll split it half before and half after.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Snapperny

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 03:46:42 pm »
I am looking into using the Sunpurity system also...just a question regarding this method.  I am new to this, so I apologize if it's a dumb question...When you say "- Maintain water temp > 100F (usually 103)". Does this mean that your water temp must remain at 100+ degrees to make this system effective?  Thanks

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 08:03:52 pm »
 Water temp shouldn't really make a difference. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 08:03:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42