What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Lowest maintenance Hot Tub for a vacation home  (Read 9284 times)

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
Lowest maintenance Hot Tub for a vacation home
« on: June 15, 2011, 01:03:46 pm »
Howdy (wow, it's been years since I've been here!...)

We have a beach house in Ocean City, Maryland with a 15+ year old Jacuzzi hot tub. Forget the model #, but it is about a 250 gallon tub.  Our house is used almost every weekend and many weeks in the spring and summer, and less so in the fall and winter. However, it is used by constantly changing rotations of friends and family, none of whom are particular good (nor, apparently, want to be particular good at) spa maintenance.

I'm looking to replace the tub and want a 4-5 seater in the $4-6k range that has very very low maintenance.  I thought I read years ago about Watkins having some sort of maintenance program where they would auto-inject sanitizers into the tub, but can't seem to find any additional information on that.  My hope is that a tub with good filtration, silver cartridges, CD ozone, and some type of "fill this reservoir and you are good for 3 months" system, plus dropping some sanitizer in before or after each use would go a long way to making the hot tub stay clean even with relatively clueless people using it.

Do such systems exist? Am I completely making this up?  Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

-Ed

Hot Tub Forum

Lowest maintenance Hot Tub for a vacation home
« on: June 15, 2011, 01:03:46 pm »

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
Re: Lowest maintenance Hot Tub for a vacation home
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 12:38:45 pm »
As for looking for a low maintenance spa, there are several very good spas , D1, SUndance, Jacuzzi, Hot Springs, Marquis... With the injection of Ozone into the spas they will be lower maintenance, I cannot answer the Hot Springs direct injection if they still use,, They have the salt generators, i am not a fan of,, i have several salt generators out there , but my customers that have at the lake place, and not getting constance use, have more water issues, and you generally have to check for more parameters... But the price range you are looking for, you might need to bump up a little bit to get a better filtration system with ozone. I would check out all the different brands, and your dealers. some may even offer a service to take care of the maintenance of the spa...
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 02:24:36 pm »
Howdy (wow, it's been years since I've been here!...)

We have a beach house in Ocean City, Maryland with a 15+ year old Jacuzzi hot tub. Forget the model #, but it is about a 250 gallon tub.  Our house is used almost every weekend and many weeks in the spring and summer, and less so in the fall and winter. However, it is used by constantly changing rotations of friends and family, none of whom are particular good (nor, apparently, want to be particular good at) spa maintenance.

I'm looking to replace the tub and want a 4-5 seater in the $4-6k range that has very very low maintenance.  I thought I read years ago about Watkins having some sort of maintenance program where they would auto-inject sanitizers into the tub, but can't seem to find any additional information on that.  My hope is that a tub with good filtration, silver cartridges, CD ozone, and some type of "fill this reservoir and you are good for 3 months" system, plus dropping some sanitizer in before or after each use would go a long way to making the hot tub stay clean even with relatively clueless people using it.

Do such systems exist? Am I completely making this up?  Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

-Ed

Hot Springs stopped selling that auto-inject sanitizing system you speak of a few years ago. They now have an auto-chlorine generator like you see on pools that you can add. There have been a few of those in the industry in the past with not so great results but this new system is reported to be different and the customer reviews on these spa sites and from dealers has been good. If you visit one of their dealers I'd want to get a good idea if they've been carrying it awhile and have first-hand experience so you'll know that they'll be knowledgeable on it.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 02:24:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42