What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New spa--Do I fill, drain, then refill before using for first time?  (Read 3215 times)

Kaisermust

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Just got our first spa delivered.  Now before we use it for the first time, do we fill it, run it a few minutes then drain it--to get all the impurities/residual debris from the lines from fabrication at the factory-- and then refill it BEFORE we use it for the first time??? Hubby says he hasn't heard of this and I say yes, I've watched video online telling me it is IMPERATIVE THAT YOU FILL, DRAIN AND REFILL before using.   I want to enjoy our spa ASAP but can wait an extra fill (we have a small 250 gal tub) if that is the best way to go. BTW, we have purchased an eco-one pre-filter for the end of the garden hose from the get-go as we will be filling with well water. Advice for us newbies just getting started would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
Re: New spa--Do I fill, drain, then refill before using for first time?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 04:29:40 pm »
You do not need to fill, drain, and refill.  Just fill it and use it like normal. 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 04:49:46 pm »
Just got our first spa delivered.  Now before we use it for the first time, do we fill it, run it a few minutes then drain it--to get all the impurities/residual debris from the lines from fabrication at the factory-- and then refill it BEFORE we use it for the first time??? Hubby says he hasn't heard of this and I say yes, I've watched video online telling me it is IMPERATIVE THAT YOU FILL, DRAIN AND REFILL before using.   I want to enjoy our spa ASAP but can wait an extra fill (we have a small 250 gal tub) if that is the best way to go. BTW, we have purchased an eco-one pre-filter for the end of the garden hose from the get-go as we will be filling with well water. Advice for us newbies just getting started would be appreciated. Thanks.

Most of the higher quality brands are fill after manufacturing and then drained. No need to do it again. Just sanitize well during heat up.
Retired

ChaiSTi

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 06:12:36 pm »
Who knows how long the spa sat for in a warehouse.  Spa manufacturers do water test these spas but the water that they use are constantly cycled from spa to spa and saved in a holding cell for future use.  The spas are flipped and the lines are blown out but i'm sure some water remains.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 01:40:14 pm »
I fill and super chlorinate all our new spas - even if they are going to go on Baqua or other non-chlorine system. Of course you have to wait for the chlorine to go away in some cases, but otherwise a simple shock will take care of any 'stuff' which might have remained in the plumbing.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 01:40:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42