What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: GFCI Panel Conduit Question  (Read 1936 times)

passmaster16

GFCI Panel Conduit Question
« on: June 08, 2011, 11:03:34 pm »
Quick question here. I'm getting ready to run conduit for the tub.  I have a Cutler Hammer 60a spa disconnect panel already mounted and I plan to run 1 inch PVC conduit with four #6 THHN conductors inside.  I need to use the large knockout in the bottom of the panel to accomidate the 1 inch conduit.  Since the knockout is centered in the box, the conduit would exit the box but be an inch or so away from the foundation wall as it travels straight down underground (see attached photo).  Is this acceptable or do I need to use some type of fitting to guide the conduit closer to the wall so that it could be clamped?  If that is the case, what type of fitting could I use?

Thanks in advance!

Hot Tub Forum

GFCI Panel Conduit Question
« on: June 08, 2011, 11:03:34 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: GFCI Panel Conduit Question
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 11:54:11 pm »
It's called an offset

If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

passmaster16

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 09:41:50 am »
Thanks I was looking for an offset fitting but the local big box did not have them in 1" size.  To my other question, is it necessary to use an offset in this case?  Does the conduit have to be secured to the wall?

Thanks again

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 09:41:50 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42