What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need feedback on Wind River Spas.  (Read 11596 times)

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
Need feedback on Wind River Spas.
« on: November 23, 2005, 04:17:55 pm »
I guess they are manufactured in Colorado. They are a thermal pane design, and they use a 24 circ. pump.

Stuart or Spaman can you tell me anymore about them. The good the bad and the ugly. I've heard a rumor that I may be competing against them in 2006.

Thanks, Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Spahappy

Hot Tub Forum

Need feedback on Wind River Spas.
« on: November 23, 2005, 04:17:55 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Need feedback on Wind River Spas.
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 04:20:26 pm »
Their website made me have to tinkle.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 04:26:02 pm »
Spahappy, I don't think you have much to worry about.

"The Stamina", "The Endurance", "The Virtue", and "The Vitalizer" are some of their models.  They ought to just have one called "The Impregnator" or something.  Ooh, I know......

"The Terminator"

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2005, 04:49:28 pm »
I guess they use the "sex sells" sales concept.LOL

If I designed spas I might use names like: Day Off, Migrane Buster, Salty Dog ( named after my drink of choice), PMS Chaser, Juicy Bonus, Empty Nest, and Just Charge It.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2005, 06:24:18 pm »
I guess they use the "sex sells" sales concept.LOL

If I designed spas I might use names like: Day Off, Migrane Buster, Salty Dog ( named after my drink of choice), PMS Chaser, Juicy Bonus, Empty Nest, and Just Charge It.

Here in East Texas, these brands would be popular:

CowSpas
Cowdera Spas
Hold My Beer Spas
Horny Toad Hot Tubs
Git Off My Property Tubs
Bullcorn Spas
"Darlin', Did It Hurt When You Fell From Haven" Spas
"Slicker Than 2 Oysters Makin' Love in a Bucket of Snot" Spas

Terminator

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2005, 08:29:30 pm »
Wind River is a very small factory; they do less volume yearly from the factory than I do out of my store. They are privately owned by a Guy named Rick Hallet with less asset’s then their sales volume. It won't be to long in my opinion before you will see some sort of lawsuit bring them down.

They offer too many options and to many models to be effective....All of the major brands have learned that lesson long ago. There warranty is not backed with any financial strength and the parts change so often that it is going to very difficult for a customer to get replacement parts after 4 or 5 years. Rick has owned the company for about 3 years now and really hasn't gotten to the point were he is really getting into his warranty. They are a gamble for anyone at best...

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2005, 05:39:57 pm »
Yummy Spahappy!  I haven't had a salty dog in years!  It is one of my favorites, but when my bloodpressure started sky rocketing, I had to give them up!  Same with the salt on the rim of my margaritas!!!   :-[
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2005, 06:31:03 pm »
I've never seen anyone claim that 24 hour filtration means you can use FAR less chemicals.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Cass

• Loving our Tiger River Caspian!!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2005, 05:32:30 pm »
I live in Colorado and own a Tiger River spa.  I wanted nothing to do with WRS.  I've heard some not so good things about them.  Crummy design, cracking shells, etc.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2005, 06:33:19 pm »
Their website made me have to tinkle.

Terminator

It made me want to puke. Their "Top 10 Hot Tub buying tips" was soooo full of lies and exaggerations. What's the deal with these small fly by night spa operations in Colorado that are out to convince us that they've reinvented the wheel and it should be oval shaped? ???

220, 221, whatever it takes!

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2005, 09:32:25 pm »
I visited the factory of Windriver Spas today and took the tour and I have toured some doozies in my day but this tub would make me run the other way fast. There are many things in my opinion that scare me the main one being the fact that I heard the word "leak" 32 times after I started counting. I am writing a full report on this subject and will share later.

Spahappy expect a full and detailed report in your e-mail soon. It was by far in my opinion the worst spa I have ever seen. Keep in mind I have even toured the Phoenix, Millenium and the Diamondback facilities, they are all pros in my eyes compared to what I saw today.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 10:00:19 pm by spaman_dot_com »
-SpaMan~

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2005, 10:02:47 pm »

It made me want to puke. Their "Top 10 Hot Tub buying tips" was soooo full of lies and exaggerations. What's the deal with these small fly by night spa operations in Colorado that are out to convince us that they've reinvented the wheel and it should be oval shaped? ???

Oval? Being a bit generous arent you?? Ironically they seem to be borrowing the ideas from the same major player.
-SpaMan~

Windriver1

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2011, 02:08:46 pm »
Funny this thread was posted in 2005.  Here we are in 2011, and Wind River Spas is as large if not larger than any local "dealer" of the national brands.  We appreciate all our loyal customers support and thanks to salesmen and "hot tub" guys like yourselves, we're convinced we're doing the right thing.  Thanks for taking a look at Wind River back in 2005, check us out again anytime you're interested!

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2011, 05:41:25 pm »
As a manufacturer, you're bigger than any retail store?
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2011, 07:22:58 am »
Funny this thread was posted in 2005.  Here we are in 2011, and Wind River Spas is as large if not larger than any local "dealer" of the national brands.  We appreciate all our loyal customers support and thanks to salesmen and "hot tub" guys like yourselves, we're convinced we're doing the right thing.  Thanks for taking a look at Wind River back in 2005, check us out again anytime you're interested!

Welcome to the forum.  I started reading through the thread thinking, boy look at all the old timers who have come back to the forum and then I saw the dates.  I'm guessing you found us while doing a web search about your company.   I'll hope you stick around and enjoy the forum and chime in from time to time.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2011, 07:22:58 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42