What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot springs envoy  (Read 5145 times)

4chevys4me

Hot springs envoy
« on: June 06, 2011, 12:54:18 pm »
Heating issue,  Ok hear is my problem.  Spa stopped heating over the wither and luckily I caught it in time.  Drained spa and filled with anti freeze to keep pump and heater safe.  All is fine there.  Re-filled over the weekend and still no heat.  Not sure what I thought was going to happen.  I checked the heater and it is not getting power.  I have read that the board can go bad?  could this be the problem?  What I unplug the high limit sensor I hear a relay click.  Heater showed 14.4 OHMS.  I think I can assume the heater is OK.  It is a watkins no fault titanium.  Spa is 6 yrs old and out of warranty.  I would call the spa place I bought it, but they are CROOKS and really don't care about customers after the sale.  Would it be a safe bet to think the board is bad?  Everything else works fine.  Pumps, jets and all lights.  Any thoughts?
Thank you in advance
Paul P.

Hot Tub Forum

Hot springs envoy
« on: June 06, 2011, 12:54:18 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Hot springs envoy
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 01:06:22 pm »
The control box has two boards, look at the smaller one and see if you see any burn marks on it to see if its what you suspected. Another option is to call the manufacturer and talk to the customer service people, thats what they're there for, especially if your dealer isn't there for you.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

4chevys4me

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 01:10:43 pm »
Smaller board top left.  I did not notice any burn marks.  I could look closer

4chevys4me

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 01:22:07 pm »
Called customer service, Great people.  Confirmed what I thought

What is included: NewUpgraded IQ 2020 Heater Relay Board w/ Jumpers & Shortened Screws for the front cover of the IQ2020

Description: NewThis IQ2020 Heater Relay Circuit Board is the newest revision for the 2001-2008 IQ2020 Control Box. It's upgraded design provides a more efficient method of connecting the heater's power cord to this board. The black wire from the heater's power cord now connects into the H1 position on the large gray terminal block. The heater's white wire (neutral) connects onto its own separate gray terminal block. This will reduce stress on the relays and increase their lifespan due to better transfer of voltage. The ground wire connection remains the same. This upgraded circuit board replaces the first and second generation boards in the IQ 2020 Control Box found in all 2001-2008 Hot Spring and Tiger River spa models.

Symptoms this part has failed:
• No power going to the heater even though the red HTR ON L.E.D. light is lit inside the IQ2020 control box.  • The heater board is charred on the front and/or the backside.

Thank you for the quick response.
Paul P.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 03:22:07 pm »
Thanks for letting us know, are you able to order the part from them?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

4chevys4me

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 03:29:20 pm »
They directed me to backyardplus.com, I also found the same part on EBAY with free shipping.  It is an updated part.  One of the resistors is bad.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 03:29:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42