What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Adding salt to hot tub  (Read 3497 times)

knightcap

Adding salt to hot tub
« on: May 13, 2011, 01:47:34 pm »
What do you think of the idea of adding salt to a hot tub.  I do not mean a salt water clorine generator.  I would still use dicholr.  But adding salt to bring it up to about 1000 or 2000 ppm.  This would be to make the water softer and silky, to make it feel better.  I know people raise the issue of corrosion, but I have a salt water swimming pool, at 3000 ppm, and this does not corrode the pool heater or other pool parts.  Why would a lower level in a hot tub corrode hot tub parts?  Also, what about people who add a SWG to their hot tub?  Do they experience corrosion?

Hot Tub Forum

Adding salt to hot tub
« on: May 13, 2011, 01:47:34 pm »

chem geek

Re: Adding salt to hot tub
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 01:47:36 pm »
Some hot tubs are not made with salt-resistant parts so have warranties that are voided if an SWG is used with them.  So you could check with your manufacturer to see what they say -- if they allow SWG systems, then the 1000-2000 ppm salt should be fine.  Also note that some people like the feel of 50 ppm borates such as from ProTeam Gentle Spa (which I believe also has moisturizers as well).

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Adding salt to hot tub
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 01:47:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42