What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2 person spa  (Read 14636 times)

marina

2 person spa
« on: May 08, 2011, 11:35:01 am »
Hi,
Looking for a 2 person hot tub.
I have checked out the Arctic Fox, the Nordic D'mour and the Sundance (dealers in my area). any opinions/suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Marina

Hot Tub Forum

2 person spa
« on: May 08, 2011, 11:35:01 am »

Water Boy

Re: 2 person spa
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 11:57:02 am »
Welcome to the forum Marina. You are looking at three good tubs. Most will tell you that the Nordic is not in the same class as the Arctic and Sundance, and it probably isnt. But, Nordic does make a pretty good value tub. The Arctic and Sundance will come with a much better warranty, and will both be much more energy efficient than the Nordic, but the Nordic will probably be quite a bit cheaper that the other two as well. I sell Arctic, and I can tell you that the Fox is one of our top sellers. It is a very comfortable smaller spa, and many people like that is still has nice depth to it for a smaller spa with the 39" tall cabinet. It is also available in four jetting packages, so you can get it in four different price ranges. I would see if you can wet test the spas you are looking at, and also do some checking on your local dealers as well. They can be as important in not more important that the spa you get. Good luck, and let me know if you have any more questions in regards to the Arctic Fox!
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

marina

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 12:24:04 pm »
Thanks for your response. The Arctic Spa dealer told me (since we are on Cape Cod) that most people elect to so with the SALT version in their water.  What is your opinion?

Also, I did like the 5 yr parts warranty and the foam on the doors insulation...the 6k sale price was a little steep however.
I'll keep talking and learning.
Marina

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 02:56:52 pm »
Any particular reason why you want that sized hot tub?

I simply ask because I look at hot tubs the same way I look at camping tents.  Whatever the manufacturer recommends it will fit, I divide by 2 (ain't no way I'm squeezing in to a 3 man tent with 2 other folks  :))
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Jet Sitter

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 04:02:19 pm »
marina - Another good option for two are the round tubs.  I like them because they give you more seating heights and the ability to move around a bit vs the small two person or triangle shaped tubs.  Also they seem not to be as fussy with regard to fit as the tubs that are highly contoured and require you to lay back more.  It is great to be able to just move a bit to be in front of or away from the jetting but perhaps still have water moving and circulating.  They tend to be simple and inexpensive to operate and maintain.  Nordic makes some nice round tubs and Marquis and D1 make great round tubs with excellent warranties. 

marina

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 05:07:40 pm »
Thanks for the tip on round tubs. just beginning my research. I got 10 years out of a jacuzzi cheapo from home depot...and am looking for another hot tub. it is usually just me and maybe one other in the tub...thus the smaller size. will look at Nordic round tubs. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Marina

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 05:40:25 pm »
Thanks for the tip on round tubs. just beginning my research. I got 10 years out of a jacuzzi cheapo from home depot...and am looking for another hot tub. it is usually just me and maybe one other in the tub...thus the smaller size. will look at Nordic round tubs. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Marina

Just look around, don't decide before you go in what you want round vs square, lounge vs no-lounge, brand-X vs brand-Y. For instance, Jet Sitter likes round spas, I specifically don’t. One guys thinks lounges are a must for him, I’m a non-lounger. Some like the special lighting and waterfalls; I couldn't care less about such features. To each his own, just go see what is out there and decide what you want/need as you go. Take your time and go see what options are out there for you and what they have to offer (most every manufacturer has a dealer locator on their website if you’re unsure who may be in your area).
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Spalady

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 07:23:40 pm »
Ok well definitely look at the Hot spring line as well. they have a wonderful line called the Hot Spot line with a TX and SX that will fit your needs and are well under the 6K price. I am not in your area, so no stake in what you buy but I love the TX. This year they added the option of a small circulation pump and full time ozone which is much better than salt in a small amount of water. Salt has some benefits but I would never recommend it on something this small!
In Hot Water and Loving it since 1976.

MaRiSpaTech

• Four Season Spas, serving RI & SE Mass
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 08:22:01 am »
I will throw in my two cents for the Nordic Amore, Bella, Retreat, or any round model.  If you get the title-20 insulation they will be very energy efficient.  You get a lifetime warranty on the shell, ten years on the cabinet, and for the price difference from other spas you can probably afford to replace all the components once or twice.  I really don't think that would ever happen, I'm just making a point.  I do recommend wet testing or buying form somewhere with a good return policy.  You don't want to be stuck with something that turns out to be disappointing.  I sell Nordic and service all spa brands.

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2011, 02:43:24 pm »
all these are good brands ,, have good warranties, but check around look at all the local dealerships, on the last coment about lifetime warranty on the shell, From who, if Arctic isn't it lifetime for WATER LOSS, not cracking splitting, delaminating, if most your shells made are from Lucite and Aristech, most brands will be the same,,, There are some exceptions to that depending on the other material shell example the D1 Ultralife covers waterloss, cracking ,and delaminating for the life you own the spa, Just after 7 years the spa goes back to the factory for the repair at no charge, but you will have to pay freight... this is just one example,,, you do have to read the warranties very well..also on the cabinets, most companies will cover the synthetic exterior from 2 -10 years, but most do not cover for fadeing only a few companies do that..Return policy , I do not know of many dealers that have a return policy, But you need to do your homework on the brand,, the dealership , the manufaturer. there is a lot to look at when looking at a tub...But as your looking i think you will see on here that the main brands to look at , D1, Sundance, Jacuzzi, HOt Springs, Arctic, Marquis to just name a few... good luck with the looking....
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2011, 02:43:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42