What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Coleman Spas - What's the reviews on these hot tubs?  (Read 19039 times)

CASpaGuy

Coleman Spas - What's the reviews on these hot tubs?
« on: May 05, 2011, 04:32:04 pm »
I'm a big fan of Coleman's camping gear, but I recently noticed that Coleman sells spas. I was interested in knowing if anyone has any experience with any of their hot tubs?

They have several models that compete with all of the big spa companies (cal spas, caldera, hot spring, jacuzzi) but the coleman spas are actually cheaper and have higher specs in some cases.

What I want to hear from is an actual user of the brand so I can find out some more info and make an informed decision. Please, dealers, don't reply...
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 12:26:01 pm by Forum Admin »

Hot Tub Forum

Coleman Spas - What's the reviews on these hot tubs?
« on: May 05, 2011, 04:32:04 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Coleman Spas - What's the reviews on these hot tubs?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 05:23:17 pm »
Its a spa company that licenses the Coleman logo. The spas have no tie with any camping gear manufacturers. In fact the name has moved around. Maxx used to make spas under that Coleman name until about 4 years ago when I believe Living Waters (?) bought the rights. Then they went under and I believe Cal now makes spas under that name. It’s just a Cal, not related to the long history of camping gear in any way.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 12:26:28 pm by Forum Admin »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

VTXMAN

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 07:45:35 pm »
POS

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 08:27:07 pm »
exactamundo.... nothing to do with Coleman camping gear just the rights to the name...I believe spatech is right on.after  Maax  had it. the rights went to Living Waters and went belly up. Now Cal Spas makes the Coleman line, When they were starting to make it the Coleman name was looking like the same as the Cal, But then chaged it to keep its own identity, BUt basically a Cal Spa  with a Coleman label, Uses the same compenents.....I know you diod not want any dealers on here but, you gotta now the ins and out on the story.. as for competeting with the big boys D1, Sundance, Jacuzzi, Hot Springs to name a few . I disagree with that.. Cal has a name from advertising, they were great with the m putting their name out there, very good marketing and thats it. We sold Cal for 2 years then dropped the line. Yes price wise they are cheaper, i have the costs aon them.  bUt there specs when you really compare apple to apple they do not compare.,, As for hearing from someone on this forum that is using one, i don't think you will find many, They have just started this year releasing them ,,, so still to early to tell how they are.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 08:31:35 pm by ejf The Spa Guy »
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 11:12:27 am »
I call SPAM on this one.
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Water Boy

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 11:35:24 am »
I call SPAM on this one.

I would have to agree on this one! Pretty obvious!
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 11:47:54 am »
Based on posts from the same OP on other boards...........SPAM
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

rick

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 12:04:50 pm »
I just checked the website and yup,  it's a Coleman in name only.   Looks like a CalSpa pretty much.    back to wood and foam.

My 2003 model,  (made by MAXX),  has served me well.   No issues whatsoever so far.   

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 01:04:20 pm »
Term, Did i wake you up there ;D ;D ;D ;D sounds spammy doesn't it....
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 01:04:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42