What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: To the dealers?  (Read 6258 times)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
To the dealers?
« on: April 15, 2011, 05:55:24 pm »
  How have spa sales been across the country?

We are down a bit but then it snowed yesterday at my house  ::)  Temps are lower than they have ever been averaging 15 to 20* lower than where we should be this time of the year. 

Overall traffic and sales was good a month ago now it's kind of died down, the price of gas and the idiotic politics isn't helping any either!! 

Hot Tub Forum

To the dealers?
« on: April 15, 2011, 05:55:24 pm »

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
Re: To the dealers?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 06:42:10 pm »
Jim you got snow yesterday on your side of the mountain. We didn't over here. just alot of your rain ;D ;D ;D. I think we are opposite of you guys, we were slower last month, the last 2 weeks have been very good,, we also have been colder,like you,,,
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Water Boy

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 12:41:34 pm »
Been really good here Jim. January was kind of slow, but since then we have had good results with lots of traffic and good sales. We recently started selling the Arctic Swimspa (Arctic Ocean) and that has been very good for us. Also, we started selling smokers/grills about a year and a half ago, and those have been flying out the door. Have any of you ever heard of Kamado Joe. Not to get off topic here, but it is a ceramic grill/smoker that is very similar to the Big Green Egg. It is a little different than the egg, and it is priced very well.  If any of you dealers have ever thought about bringing something new into offer to your customers, I would highly recommend the Kamado Joe Grill!

http://www.kamadojoe.com/
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 01:25:57 pm »
 We were selling a brand called Primo, same type of thing as the BGE and komodo.    Did alright with them, but they set up to many dealers around us to sell them also so we let them go.   

Anyway glad to hear you two are doing alright, I thought more would have chimed in?  :'(   

Water Boy

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 02:11:01 pm »
Jim, we brought in Primo as well, and the Kamado is a much better product imo. Side by side, the Kamado just looks much better at a great price. I agree. There aren't many dealers on here too much anymore. That could be a good or bad sign.  ???

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 02:24:17 pm »
Beer man,
 we recently brought in the Kamoda Joe, WE already have the Green Egg WE sell alot of the Green Egg, Brought in the Kamado Joe as alternative to the green Egg for color and price, We also can sell the Primo, But we believe both the Green Egg and the Joe are better,,We also stock all the accessories from Green Egg, and we also carry lots of rubs and spices, as well as the Traeger, ....Alos Jim we had a great weekend of spa sales...

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 03:30:08 pm »
Beer man,
 we recently brought in the Kamoda Joe, WE already have the Green Egg WE sell alot of the Green Egg, Brought in the Kamado Joe as alternative to the green Egg for color and price, We also can sell the Primo, But we believe both the Green Egg and the Joe are better,,We also stock all the accessories from Green Egg, and we also carry lots of rubs and spices, as well as the Traeger, ....Alos Jim we had a great weekend of spa sales...

Good to hear it!    We are selling Traeger as well,  I don't think the Primo is that great of a grill.  We cook on the Traeger quite a bit and I like it better as far as taste goes.

It snowed for a bit on the drive into work, and might get a bit more tonight.  >:(  Least we don't have any tornado's to worry about.

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 07:44:47 pm »
Jim we got snow today at least it did not stick , but seemaed like it snowed most of the day,,, Saturday we are supposed to hit 60 degrees, we have not hit that since early last November...We cook on both the Traeger and the Grenn Eggs quite a bit.....

Water Boy

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 09:59:48 am »
Jim, we brought in Primo as well, and the Kamado is a much better product imo. Side by side, the Kamado just looks much better at a great price. I agree. There aren't many dealers on here too much anymore. That could be a good or bad sign.  ???

Thats kind of how the Traegars are in are area. Seems like every small store carries them, as well as all the Ace hardware stores, so we didn't want to sell those since you can get then anywhere.

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 01:46:01 pm »
We thought the same thing on the Traegers since everyone is carrying them, But we brought them in and we sell a lot, I think the key with selling them is not just the grill, its the sauces , the rubs, the seasonings, the accessories that seperate us from the mass merchants selling them, We also demo them on Saturdays, ...We just sold another Green Egg last night with a bunch of accessories....

Water Boy

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2011, 02:35:50 pm »
Good to hear about the Traegers. Do they just sell to whoever will sell their grills for them? Seems like they have lots of dealers. I know, like the BGE for example, will have usually only have the one dealer in the area.

Ya I just sold a Kamado Joe this morning as well. We put about four of them out in front of our store, and some lady driving by saw them and came in and bought one for her husbands 50th birthday. All she cared about was if we would assemble it and deliver it. She bought all the accessories to go with it.

EJF, I prefer the ceramic grills over the pellet smokers(Traegers.) Since you sell them all, which do you prefer, or what one would you buy and why?

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2011, 03:22:53 pm »
Back to hot tubs.  We are up, 2011 vs 2010.  However, I agree w/ Jim...gas prices and crazy Washington don't help.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2011, 05:01:52 pm »
Beerman,
 I prefer the ceramic cooker, it is more versatile. We do the same thing in front of our store. We usually during the week, we put out 5-6 Green Eggs, 2 Kamado Joes, 1-Pink Pig @ more Traegers,and a couple of gass grills... SAturdays we usually fire up a ceramic cooker and a traeger, Saturdays we put out more...Congrats on the sale of the Joe...

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2011, 06:35:42 pm »
We seem to be running in 2 week intervals around here....I'll be busy as can be for a couple of weeks and then deader than Rick James for a couple.  Our other store is busy when I'm not, so that works out OK.  The last few days, both stores are very busy and it is aggravating because I'm actually having to work, which I'm opposed to for religionous purposes.  I seriously need a vacation, but every time I go on one, my wife ends up getting pregnant, so I guess I'm going to have to start taking her with me.

Ol' Tired Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2011, 06:50:44 pm »
thats funny,,, ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2011, 06:50:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42