What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Looking for some info  (Read 3891 times)

mkrozell

Looking for some info
« on: April 19, 2011, 06:32:17 pm »
Hello everyone. Im new to this forum. In November I bought a house that came with a QCA spa, 2005 model year. The tub sat all last summer empty. After moving in, I cleaned out the hot tub, replaced the filter, filled it and enjoyed it a little. I noticed that the jets didnt have much power. Well over the winter, the flanged seals for the heater started leaking and had to shut down the hot tub. After getting the parts to fix it, I replaced them and noticed that the air lines going to the jets had either mold or flies in them. After flushing them out I refilled the hot tub again. The jets still werent very strong. The only one that is the very first set of jets after the pump/heater. Just wondering what could cause the weak jet pressure? Could I have a pump going bad??

Thank you in advance

Hot Tub Forum

Looking for some info
« on: April 19, 2011, 06:32:17 pm »

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
Re: Looking for some info
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 06:49:17 pm »
are all your jets opened all the way not partially closed, is there a diverter valve to move water to different seats...
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

mkrozell

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 07:05:40 pm »
sorry, im kinda new to the hot tub seen. what does a diverter valve look like? as far as i know all the jets are open

mkrozell

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 07:08:28 pm »
I just looked it up and yes there is a diverter valve. I dont notive any difference when I move. the lines coming from the valve are the ones that I cleaned out

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 01:08:57 pm »
Are there any shut off valves on the lines before and after the pumps,,, one is not closed is it. Also on the diverter valve, has it been taken out to clean , it could have been put back in the wrong position for the valve to work,, it may not be allowing water to move through like it is supposed to...

mkrozell

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 01:25:00 pm »
there are inline valves both before and after the pump, they are both open. As far as the diverter valve, it was taken apart when I flushed the lines out. Mine looks different than ones I saw however. Under my valve it has a 90* with a ball in it, then leds to the tree that has all the lines coming off it that go to the jets

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 08:57:14 pm »
Does your spa have a second pump by any chance... is it working... also i wonder if the diverter is the problem..

mkrozell

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 09:21:59 pm »
theres only one pump. I will try and get a pic of the diverter valve tomorrow. is the ball just there to stop water from backing up the valve?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 09:21:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42