What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot tub shell color  (Read 29720 times)

mblm

Hot tub shell color
« on: April 14, 2011, 10:29:42 pm »
We are purchasing a hot tub and don't know whether we want a black shell or pearl color.  Which would be better looking and which is easier to maintain?

Hot Tub Forum

Hot tub shell color
« on: April 14, 2011, 10:29:42 pm »

castletonia

Re: Hot tub shell color
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 11:13:41 pm »
Darker shell colors are going to show more whether it be water spots or an evaporation line around the water level.  Also, in my opinion the lighter shells will reflect LED lighter better. 

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 07:11:39 am »
Welcome to the forum. I'll mainly emphasize the LEDs feature.  Black shells absorb the light and the pearl ones look really great lit up.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

hailypup20

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 10:17:53 am »
I'll chime in since I had a similar question about 6 months ago.  We liked a deep blue color, and were swayed to a pearl/opal color after a few posts, then someone mentioned how both look great at night. 

We went with the deep blue (Twilight on the Sundance line) and absolutely love it...the colors look awesome at night with LED lights, which is when we spend most of the time in the tub.

In other words, I don't think you'll go wrong either way.  We do have to occasionally run a sponge near the water line with slightly high CH in our water, but it really isn't an inconvenience...

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 11:09:02 am »
Keep in mid that 95% of the day the cover is on and you don't even see the shell until you open it. Get whichever color you like.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 12:17:28 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 12:13:09 pm »
Go with which one you like better, But with the LED lights know the lighter the color the lights will show better and also may have a different color spa every night with the lights,,,red, green, blue, purple,, etc.....
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

VTXMAN

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 01:59:53 pm »
How good does the shell and the LED lights look when you are sitting in your spa, head back, eye closed and relaxing?

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011, 04:48:18 pm »
good point but there are people that use a hot tub to talk with theere other half,,,so the lighting makes it nicer,,,,

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2011, 12:40:52 pm »
also decided to check them out,
1. internet spa purchase,,,,Brand Name? and use U.S cities as the name of the spas..
2. U.K product... whats the cost if someone in the states purchases?
3. Warranty, 5 year shell, 2 year electrical and plumbing, 12 month labor....thats great..
4. Sorry not amzing spa IMO....
5. 12 to 16 person tub,,,really.....!!!! ;D ;D ;D
6. Maybe in U.K they are fine and the service you offer,, but here in the states!!!!!

colo_artist

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2011, 05:59:37 pm »
We had a spa with a black speckled shell and replaced it with one with a shell which is white with some grey swirls. One reason we went with a light shell was because we upgraded the lighting to LEDs.

Thus far I'm liking the lighter shell. I liked the looks of the darker shell, but it did tend to show white marks when the water line dropped. I'm not sure how much difference there'd be between a light or dark shell at night with the LED lights, but the white shell does seem to light up.

One thing I really like about the light shell is that during the day the water shows up as a nice light aqua blue.

Here's some pics of the white shell and the LEDs...

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2011, 06:18:04 pm »
right on.....

Roger5jesus

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2011, 03:02:17 am »
Wow colo_artist spa is awesome! I like the construction and I think these are good colors specially aqua and purplish color. 

colo_artist

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2011, 03:11:39 pm »
Wow colo_artist spa is awesome! I like the construction and I think these are good colors specially aqua and purplish color. 

Thanks. It's a Marquis Wish.

rikkouspa

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2011, 09:47:55 pm »
The Shell color is quite decisive, a thorough check-up is needed :p
As previously said, a lighter Shell would better enhance LED luminosity.

I also recommend you Blue, or Denim (like blue jeans) color. I saw it at 109th Guangzhou Fair.
Looked great.

Good day
Rik

zulueta69

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2011, 03:40:07 am »
Great pictures. White is clean to look at, but the thing is, it really doesn't matter because the purpose is to relax while enjoying the massage in your hot tub.

Chill and Good luck.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2011, 03:40:07 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42