What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot springs envoy  (Read 3095 times)

4chevys4me

Hot springs envoy
« on: April 04, 2011, 08:45:15 pm »
Hello all,
Well first off thank you for all your help with a previous issue.  My pump motor was bad and easily replaced.  Worked fine till about a month ago.  Just happened to look out side on a 10F night and all the lights are on minus the green temp is ready light.  I open it up and still hot.  I figured just a light.  I checked it in the morning and now luke warm.  Shut it down for 15 minutes in hopes it will reset.  Nope.  Everything else is working, Pump, jets just not heating.  I was able to drain the tub and just for good measure I went out and got some RV antifreeze and filled from the filter down till it just came up through the floor drain.  I read some where that maybe it is the heating element itself or the computer board.  What is the best way to test.  The snow has finally melted around the tub and I can get at the door now.  What should I check first?  where do I start?  If it is the heater who has the best prices? or board?  Thank you in advance.
Paul P.

Hot Tub Forum

Hot springs envoy
« on: April 04, 2011, 08:45:15 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Hot springs envoy
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 02:04:21 pm »
Heater Relay board, most likely. That would be the smaller of the two boards in the "IQ-2020" black box. The HR board is the one the incoming power goes to, and it is the item which switches the heat off and on.

Any HotSpring dealer should have them in stock - but tell them your serial number so you get the right one (there are two).

HTH

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Hot springs envoy
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 02:04:21 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42