What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Best online hot tub site?  (Read 22055 times)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Best online hot tub site?
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2011, 03:21:26 pm »
I didn't like being labeled by the one member but that was isolated and not really a big deal.

I think your label was well deserved whether intended or not. Typing on a forum can be a tough deal because everyone will interpret YOUR words differently. We only label based on your words. The way we aproach sales people has a lot to do with how their attitude is skewed towards the person standing in front of them. The true person in charge at any showroom is the customer. But the staff will treat every customer differently. Most people are intimidated and most people go in expecting that.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2011, 03:21:26 pm »

neilpeart

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2011, 01:03:22 pm »
Can anyone give me info on a Thermospa Phoenix? Is this a good tub?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2011, 01:54:08 pm »
Can anyone give me info on a Thermospa Phoenix? Is this a good tub?

Personally I have 2 lists I give people when they are searching; there are the spas I specifically like (Caldera, D1, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, Marquis and Sundance) and the spas I would specicially avoid for one or more reasons (Cal, Master and Thermospas). There are certainly many other brands that I think are fine (Beachcomber, Artesian...) and many others that I have little opinion of one way or the other (Baja, Coast...) but in the end you ahve to decide what works for you but I really would not recommend a brand like Thermospas.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

neilpeart

« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2011, 03:12:15 pm »
That is very helpful information, thanks. My wife and I are going to look at a 2006 Jacuzzi J-365 later this afternoon that is being sold  by a local homeowner. Maybe just maybe this is what we have been waiting for. The Thermospa is also local but I think we'll stay away based on the opinions here.

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2011, 04:16:41 pm »
no problem just here to help...
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

neilpeart

« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2011, 05:42:52 pm »
My wife and I just came back from looking at the used Jacuzzi. It appeared to be in excellent shape but needs lighting, head rests and two jet controller nkobs. Still, the tub looked pristine and ran nice. If anyone can tell me roughly what those parts should cost, I would appreciate it.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2011, 05:55:55 pm »
My wife and I just came back from looking at the used Jacuzzi. It appeared to be in excellent shape but needs lighting, head rests and two jet controller nkobs. Still, the tub looked pristine and ran nice. If anyone can tell me roughly what those parts should cost, I would appreciate it.

Head rests, control knobs a few hundred bucks. If you don't mind what year and what are they asking?
Retired

neilpeart

« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2011, 06:18:05 pm »
2006 and $2900. I believe I know who has handled their servicing. Too late to call but I'll try tomorrow.

neilpeart

« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2011, 12:30:23 pm »
We are still considering the used Jacuzzi and the Baja tubs. Today, I visited a showroom that carries Dynasty tubs. Would appreciate any relevant info you folks may have on that brand. Thanks.

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2011, 08:18:53 pm »
you might look at some of the other threads on this site and the other about the efficiency claims of Dynasty.....i believe about month to 2 months ago... ;D
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

gadfly

« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2011, 11:39:53 am »
2006 and $2900. I believe I know who has handled their servicing. Too late to call but I'll try tomorrow.
Of the options you have found thus far, this is the one I would be trying to make work.  IMO it should be closer to $2000 as is, but at least it is in the ball park.  I would counter, or at least have the seller pay for the repairs.

neilpeart

« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2011, 02:03:23 pm »
Well, thats what we thought also but the chick who is selling it has been elusive with answers when I asked her for servicing records. In her ad, she mentioned that the tub is still under warranty. The warranty, as I have come to find out is non transferable and when I told her she told me that I would just tell them (Jacuzzi service people) that it is the same owner and they wouldn't know the difference. She also put in her ad that the tub had led lighting. It does not. No lighting at all in fact. Knowing all this, I asked her what the lowest price she would take for the tub was and she responded by telling me she would take $100 off and thats it. Needless to say, my wife and I are highly uncomfortable with this seller at this point. This is obviously going to take some time and we're ok with that. I do like the Baja and Dynasty tubs which were a good deal cheaper than the Jacuzzi and Sundance ones.

gadfly

« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2011, 12:47:34 pm »

There may not be any service records, if there have not been any repairs needed thus far.  I understand your concerns, about this seller, and I agree.  That said, if it still is under warranty, one possibility to make a deal (assuming you like the tub)... would be for her to have the dealer check out the tub, fix the issues while she is still the owner, and show you the paperwork on the inspection and the repairs. Even better, perhaps you could be there for the repair, and ask the tech questions.  At that point, if there tech has no concerns... I would probably do the deal, even if you have qualms about the seller.  Even if you have an unforseen problem, you can pay for a lot of repairs for compared to the cost a new tub.

neilpeart

« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2011, 05:36:40 pm »
I agree, gadfly. Problem is, she is the one who told me the tub has been serviced and then she conveniently forgets who did the service. We just have a funny feeling about her like she's hiding something. We also don't appreciate her misleading advertisement on Craigslist.Maybe if she lowered the cost more than just $100 as she offered, we would take a chance.

gadfly

« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2011, 10:29:31 am »
It sounds to me that you are on a good path, to finding the right tub for you. As you are willing to be patient, you will find a good fit.  For what it is worth, the moderator of this site owns a Dynasty, and from what I have read over the years, had good luck with it, with only a few issues.  I have not heard anything about Baja, one way or the other. If you end up going that route, I would need a lot of information from the dealer on his experience, how long they have worked with Baja, why they selected them as their vendor, and enough info about the company and the product, to get comfortable. It may be a good option, and just isn't as well-known. Now if the dealer selected them primarily due to location, or pricing... ?  Regardless, IMO having a local dealer, is better than an unknown internet seller.

It sounds that you are right to be wary about Jacuzzi seller.  If you like the J365, I would ask the dealer if he has any used tubs available. That might also help you get him to give you what his real bottom line price is on a new one.  I personally would still consider giving this woman an offer with a couple of options: a low-ball price ($2000?) that would give enough room to repair any unforseen issues, or full price with the tub inspected and repaired by the dealer, prior to the sale... but I don't mind a little risk in a deal in exchange for a lower price, if I feel I have my bases covered.  Worst she can say is no, and you can move on.

Good luck!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2011, 10:29:31 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42