What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Best online hot tub site?  (Read 22054 times)

neilpeart

Best online hot tub site?
« on: March 31, 2011, 08:29:35 pm »
I know that it is better to purchase a name brand tub and to purchase it locally when at all possible. Where I live, my options are quite limited so lets assume the only way I can get a tub is to purchase it online. In the last few days, I have looked at dozens of online spa sites. Does anyone know what the most credible and reliable online hot tub sites are along with the best tubs that are sold at these sites?

Hot Tub Forum

Best online hot tub site?
« on: March 31, 2011, 08:29:35 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Best online hot tub site?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 09:13:56 pm »
I know that it is better to purchase a name brand tub and to purchase it locally when at all possible. Where I live, my options are quite limited so lets assume the only way I can get a tub is to purchase it online. In the last few days, I have looked at dozens of online spa sites. Does anyone know what the most credible and reliable online hot tub sites are along with the best tubs that are sold at these sites?

If on-line were my option for a new spa I'd probably buy used.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

neilpeart

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 09:16:17 pm »
I don't have that option either.

gadfly

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 10:12:01 pm »
I second the used idea, rather than questionable on-line vendors.  Try craigslist, e-bay and classified.

I would also try the dealer locators that most big manufacturers have... to see if they can direct you to a respectable dealer.

If you share your location and situation here, some of the dealers here may have ideas that could help.

neilpeart

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 08:24:47 am »
You guys are not answering my question. Think of it as a hypothetical.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 10:47:15 am »
Lol, they are answering you..they don't have a positive opinion of any on-line spa sales site. It would essentially be buy at your own risk.  If you don't have a local dealer, who would service your spa?   There is a lot more to owning a spa than just the purchase..You need to look down the road because inevitably you will need some sort of service, some support. Additionally, if you search this site you will find at the top of the list for purchasing a spa...wet testing. Buying on line, you will have no idea if the tub is the right fit for you or if you even like it. So it's like a crap shoot..but a rather expensive one  ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 10:58:34 am »
You guys are not answering my question. Think of it as a hypothetical.

If you're really that remote to where there is no dealer available I still would not buy from an on-line spa site (faith based purchase and I don't have faith in them) BUT this is the rare case where maybe buying a Costco spa on-line is for you. It won't be a great spa and you won't have a dealer there to help you (which you obviously wouldn't with any of the random on-line guys) but it won't break the bank and at least it will be from Costco and they'll let you return it if needed.

neilpeart

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 12:33:05 pm »
I understand what you guys are saying. Still, for all of its downfalls, I cannot believe that all online sites are equal. Every type of business has vendors,installers and suppliers that vary in terms of customer service, honesty and method of operation. All I wanted to know was, if in the event I made the decision to purchase online, which of those tub suppliers gives me the best chance for satisfaction as opposed to the ones that I absolutely need to stay away from. Everything else you are saying is completely understood and taken into consideration. Thanks.

Jet Sitter

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2011, 01:20:21 pm »
I don't think those of us on the forum know any more about the on-line tub vendors than you do, based on your recent investigation.  It would be interesting to hear the results of your research and which ones you conclude will be "most credible and reliable online hot tub sites are along with the best tubs" and  best "in terms of customer service, honesty and method of operation".

You may be providng valuable information to those who visit this site in the future who also live in such remote areas that there are no reputable spa dealers within a reasonable vicinity.  It will be important to follow up on your experience over time to confirm whether the tub and on-line seller (if still in business) lived up to your expectations.

neilpeart

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2011, 01:59:42 pm »
Well, I'm still trying to find a dealer that meets my needs. I've started contacting dealers in Charlotte, NC, roughly 70 miles from my home. Problem is, they don't respond when I ask them what they have in stock and what the prices are. Its like they want me to come down and see for myself. I already spent a day last week in Greensboro checking inventories and with gas costs being what they are, I'm not going anywhere else without knowing specifics. My initial thoughts on the hot tub industry is that it is not very user friendly. Local Craigslist has nothing but brand new Laguna spas with the exception of the used Caldera spa we looked at yesterday.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2011, 02:12:53 pm »
I understand what you guys are saying. Still, for all of its downfalls, I cannot believe that all online sites are equal.

I don't think they all are equal either. I also know that you won't know which can be trusted. You don't want to rely on how well the website is constructed, that means nothing toward the quality of the product.

Its a TOTAL crapshoot, that’s the point. I also know I’ve seen many people who buy this way and come here to talk about the issues they have after they discover that warranty that read well isn't worth the paper they print it out onto. You can’t drive down to their store and complain when issues arise. It’s the fringe players who have opened up websites to sell spas, not the mainstream spa makers whose products have proven themselves in the field.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2011, 02:17:33 pm »
Well, I'm still trying to find a dealer that meets my needs. I've started contacting dealers in Charlotte, NC, roughly 70 miles from my home. Problem is, they don't respond when I ask them what they have in stock and what the prices are. Its like they want me to come down and see for myself. I already spent a day last week in Greensboro checking inventories and with gas costs being what they are, I'm not going anywhere else without knowing specifics. My initial thoughts on the hot tub industry is that it is not very user friendly. Local Craigslist has nothing but brand new Laguna spas with the exception of the used Caldera spa we looked at yesterday.

Its common for dealers to want you to come in and not want to try to make a deal over the phone. That doesn't mean they're not user friendly, it just means the world doesn't always go by your rules.

Heck, 70 miles isn't that major of a haul; I assumed you were even farther away than that. This is a big purchase; you need to spend the gas and time on a Saturday. Put your stubbornness aside and make the trek or just close your eyes, cross your fingers and buy on-line. Its really that simple.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2011, 03:30:41 pm »
Nobody is going to suggest Haven?  Just kidding, I don't have anything of real value to add to this conversation  ;D
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2011, 04:36:58 pm »
just as everyone else here has stated we are not fans of online spa purchases, yes you say all business have vendors, installers and suppliers, That may be true in different product catergories, Spas not the same, Most of the on line guys sell you  a spa it shows up on your driveway, then you have to find a way to get it to were its going.. as for service most local spa dealers do not do service for the online companies, If this was a case that they sell the spa, they have someone local install and take care of it, what use would a (local) company being supoorted by local consumers,, most dealers will not deal with the online, that is what seperates local dealers for support and online companies, Also i don't know of any high end brands( name brands selling spas on the internet and selling acroos the U.S, Most high end brands require that dealer to be able to service the product. So say they are located in Florida and sell the spa into Washington how can they service it. The local guy who carries that brand is not obligated to repair it... He did not sell it.... But for only being 70 miles away not a big deal, Were we are located i have a lot of farm land around i have many customers that are 150 miles away,,,, But the question i have is if you are wooried about the cost of gas why are you buying a hot tub. I am not busting on you. But that does not make sense. Tubs are a luxury item, Yes they are great for therapy but when the economy tanked the first things to stop being purchased (hot tubs)...You might be surprised to go and see how they work with you better in the store than on the floor. I think that most dealers will be gun shy on the phone( like what they have and the prices. alot of dealers will shop the competition on the phone,,,we see that happen to us .....But in person they can gauge better for you on what you want , the range you are looking to spend, as well as to see what spas catch your eye, being in front of a tub and being able to sit in it is way better than trying to just look on the internet.....just my opinion....
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

neilpeart

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2011, 05:47:35 pm »

Its common for dealers to want you to come in and not want to try to make a deal over the phone. That doesn't mean they're not user friendly, it just means the world doesn't always go by your rules.

Heck, 70 miles isn't that major of a haul; I assumed you were even farther away than that. This is a big purchase; you need to spend the gas and time on a Saturday. Put your stubbornness aside and make the trek or just close your eyes, cross your fingers and buy on-line. Its really that simple.

I wasn't looking for a deal over the phone. I just wanted to know what was in stock and what the costs were,  so that I could determine if it was worth the drive, reasonable requests for a potential $5000-$10000 sale. . Why would I just drive aimlessly all over North Carolina at $3.50 per gallon for the unknown. That would be unproductive and a waste of my valuable time. I wouldn't expect my tile customers to go through that for me. If they want my business, it will be on my terms or they won't get it. This mentality has served me quite well over my life and I have no intention of giving in to pushy salespersons.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2011, 05:47:35 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42