What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: thermal cover  (Read 2567 times)

buffalopaul

thermal cover
« on: March 30, 2011, 07:08:01 am »
For those of you who have purchased a thermal cover, i am wondering if you feel like it was worth the money and saved on energy cost for tub.  Live in Buffalo (cold climate) and considering purchasing one for the winters here.  thanx

Hot Tub Forum

thermal cover
« on: March 30, 2011, 07:08:01 am »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Re: thermal cover
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 09:23:58 am »
Hi Paul,
I am probably the biggest fan of the spa blankets. I think they help hold in the heat and protect your cover from becoming waterlogged or damaged by chemicals. So I look at them as the first line of defense for heat retention and preservation of the cover. They do have a life though, and I think I have been through 3 in 5 years.  Eventually, the blanket breaks down so you can weigh the cost of multiple blanket purchases vs. what I am telling you that I believe.

Another issue is removing the blanket. I haven't really had a problem with that at all, I just flip it over my cover that is up on the lift.  I guess imagine how you would remove it in that cold weather and you can determine if you want that added job. For some folks, that is the deal breaker..

Good luck
Support your dealer so they can support you!

buffalopaul

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 01:22:57 pm »
thanks for the info.  Do you use it year round or just during the colder seasons?  I think i am going to purchase one and give it a try.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 01:46:24 pm »
I use mine year around because if I am in a hurry to shock, and don't have time to leave the cover up while the tub off-gasses, it protects the cover from the chemicals.  Don't buy the cheap bubble blankets though, they are useless and fall apart very fast. 

look here for some promo coupons http://promocodes2011.com/promo/code
Support your dealer so they can support you!

buffalopaul

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 02:33:48 pm »
thanks again

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 02:33:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42