What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hi! I'm not new here to this forum, but I am looking to invest in a new spa.  (Read 3871 times)

Wildlifepainter

Would like some info on a really good spa to buy.  I'm looking at around 8-9 grand and need one that has lower back jets for my lower back which, some will remember that I was here a long time ago bragging about buying a Colman spa.  I am looking at them as well, but I thought I would take a spin in a few others before really deciding.

Oh, I moved to Kansas, so lots more dealers to look at around here :-)  Great to be back! 

P.S. You all may know me as Backpains.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 12:37:12 am by Wildlifepainter »

Hot Tub Forum

TwinCitiesHotSpring

Wildlifepainter

It would be nearly impossible to tell you exactly which model to look at, my recommendation is always to compile a list of the reputable dealers in your area and spend a saturday and go take a look at all the tubs.  Touching them, sitting in them, and wet-testing are all important things to do before buying (would you buy a 10k car without test driving it?) not every tub is going to feel the same to everyone, you must narrow it down to the model that works for you and your family.  
 This also allows you to question the dealer, ask plenty of questions...how long have you been in business? Is your service done in-house? do you offer any guarantees? (energy guarantee, 1 year price guarantee, etc. etc.) how is warranty done work, is there a trip charge, and how much? I think you get the idea, and as far as brands my top 3 includes: Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, and Dimension 1 but of course that is just my opinion....good luck let us know how it turns out

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
Definately you should go and check out your local dealers, imo i think your tops to look at are D1, Jacuzzi, Sundance , Hot Springs, Marquis, to name a few.. I wouldn't look at the Coleman , its not the same from when you were looking at them before, Cal Spas is making them for them now... But by checking out your dealers, find one you like to deal with, the service they offer, YOu might check out www.tradecertified.com on any manufacturers that are in your area, also you can check on the site for a Spasearch certified dealer....
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Would like some info on a really good spa to buy.  I'm looking at around 8-9 grand and need one that has lower back jets for my lower back which, some will remember that I was here a long time ago bragging about buying a Colman spa.  I am looking at them as well, but I thought I would take a spin in a few others before really deciding.

Oh, I moved to Kansas, so lots more dealers to look at around here :-)  Great to be back! 

P.S. You all may know me as Backpains.

Weclome back-pains. Without knowing who is in your area my short list of the better brands out there (IMO of course) would include Caldera, D1, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, marquis and sundance. You know the drill, visit as many good ones as you have in your area and see which might work for you and then schedule some wet tests (try to test on the same day or at least over a very short period of time, it makes comparing them much easier).
220, 221, whatever it takes!

paulsimmons

I've heard good things about sundance - but it sounds like you've got your shopping list and know what to do.

Wildlifepainter

Wildlifepainter

It would be nearly impossible to tell you exactly which model to look at, my recommendation is always to compile a list of the reputable dealers in your area and spend a saturday and go take a look at all the tubs.  Touching them, sitting in them, and wet-testing are all important things to do before buying (would you buy a 10k car without test driving it?) not every tub is going to feel the same to everyone, you must narrow it down to the model that works for you and your family.  
 This also allows you to question the dealer, ask plenty of questions...how long have you been in business? Is your service done in-house? do you offer any guarantees? (energy guarantee, 1 year price guarantee, etc. etc.) how is warranty done work, is there a trip charge, and how much? I think you get the idea, and as far as brands my top 3 includes: Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, and Dimension 1 but of course that is just my opinion....good luck let us know how it turns out

Got a huge list of hot tub dealers close to me.  Going to check out Coleman, d1, jacuzzi, sundance, hot springs, caldera and a few other.  Gonna make hubby go with me he he he.  Maybe this time I can get him to wet test too? LOL

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
Wildlifepainter,great way to start, especially the questions,, on the energy gurantee, i am not a fan of, to many variables, location, energy rates,,of the spas you listed most very energy efficient...The D1, Jacuzzi, Hot Springs, Caldera very good brands, Jacuzzi owns Sundance, Watkins owns Hot Springs and Caldera, Did you know the COleman are not Coleman anymore, they are built by Cal Spas... not in my choice of favorites...
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42