What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Vita owners….pb code??? help  (Read 7960 times)

GONZO

Vita owners….pb code??? help
« on: March 04, 2011, 11:48:28 am »
Hi I recently purchased a 2009 Vita Duet tub. I live in a single story ranch that was built in 1952. I have the hot tub in a spare bedroom that is on the opposite end of the house of the “electrical breaker box” and or approximately 35 feet away from the tub.

So I have a pb code…..which in the owner’s manual says it is probably the top-side control unit not communicating with the lower control board.

I also did some searching on the internet and found out that it could be lacking “voltage” on startup too. 

So here is my issue(s)

1.   I have the water temp set at 102 degrees and if the water temp goes down, the pump starts as normal, and the startup of the pump is real smooth, and when it gets up to the set point temp, it shuts off, as it should. But then every 10 minutes it starts up and runs for 1 minute and then shuts down, and ten minutes later starts up and runs for 1-minute and shuts off …like clockwork.

2.   If we are in the tub and I start the pump by depressing the topside button, the pump groans for 15 seconds and then it first starts up. It starts hard, unlike when it automatically starts from a cold water start up. Why would that be??

3.   I’m also wondering if I should leave the water/air jets on when we are not using the tub. Does the water heat quicker with the jets off?  Could I burst a pipe if I don’t leave them on?

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Vita owners….pb code??? help
« on: March 04, 2011, 11:48:28 am »

clover

Re: Vita owners….pb code??? help
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 01:13:10 pm »
2009 Vita should still be under warranty, and you should contact your dealer, that was part of the price you paid.  He would be best suited to correctly understand your problem and implement a solution.  What is the status of your filter, the last time you cleaned it???

10 minutes it starts up and runs for 1 minute and then shuts down, and ten minutes later starts up and runs for 1-minute and shuts off …like clockwork.  Sounds like it is trying to "automatically" correct a problem, or re-establish prime.  Again, your dealer would be the best resource for a solution.

Re: your water jets and the "open venturri" mixing air with the jet stream, will only cool the water at the same time you are heating it.  The air you are injecting, intentionally, or unintentionally, is ambient air temperature.  If you are in the southwest, who cares, if you are in the "snowbelt" your electric bill will be higher.
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

GONZO

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 02:13:39 pm »
Thanks clover

I bought it used this week and do not have the original receipt …. I’ll have to check and see if it’s under warranty with a dealer.

Dumb Question, but can you tell what the filter would have to do with it? I do have a mineral (yellow stick with a cartridge on the end of it) stick to help keep the water PH balanced. I’m not at home so I cannot give you the correct name of the device. But my filter has a “closed top” and this device sets in the inside of the filter and the stick end goes down the stand-pipe of the filter housing.

Thanks

clover

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 05:09:40 pm »
Gonzo, the stick on the end of the "natures 2" or other branded mineral stick is intended to prevent it from being sucked into the plumbing system, or into the pump.

You just recently acquired and started up the spa, so I doubt you have dirty filters restricting water flow. 

PB is listed in their manual as "Power Board Communication" = check topside connection and remote connection at powerboard.  I would suggest turning the power off and checking the connections as suggested, unplugging them and reconnecting them.  The remote is probably plugged into the main panel ribbon wire, which is then plugged into the circuit board.

item #1 seems to be normal operation up to and possibly including the "every 10 minutes" which sounds like an automatic attempt to restart for an unknown reason.  Some circulation pumps will cycle and re-cycle until it regains prime, or shuts down in 10 minutes.  I am not really familiar with your Vita system, but the action seems to be identified as a repeating pattern, and thus my speculation of a "restart" of some sort.  Looking at their web site, it really doesn't give you any info on trouble shooting. 

A direct call to Vita Tech Service may lead you directly to the answer.
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

GONZO

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 06:50:19 pm »
Ok I just replaced the lower board, it had a bad short/burn mark right by the fuse clip. The dealer also gave me a topside control to use just incase I still get the Pb code.

Soooooo.....I still have the Pb code, even with both controls replaced. I did a reset on the top side control and a cold reset (unplug it for 15 minutes) twice and still getting the code. I also replaced the filter.

The tub starts and runs great heats great.... but that dang code don't go away.

Any ideas???

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 06:50:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42