What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: water temp too hot  (Read 6216 times)

just ducky

water temp too hot
« on: March 14, 2011, 07:32:40 pm »
We haven't used the tub much this winter due to bitter cold and wind.  We're finally getting some moderation in the weather, so we've used it more lately.  We have a Jacuzzi J345, and I normally have the temp set at 100 or 101.  This has happened a couple of times recently, and I'm confused.  We get all ready for a soak, head out to the tub, lift the cover off, and the temp reading is high...106-110 degrees.  When I hit the temp button, it reads 100 or 101...normal.  I felt the water just to check that the temperature control is not reading incorrectly...sure enough...hotter than I like.  So tonight I even put a thermometer in it because I just didn't believe it was 110 degrees, but sure enough it was.  Hot enough that we shrugged and went back in the house disappointed.  I left the cover off to let it breathe a while.  I've owned the tub 2 years, and this has happened two or three times since we've had it.

The air temp here was 35 degrees and sunny, and it's now down in the high 20's.  Either I have a damn good insulating cover, or something else is going on.  Is this normal...do other Jacuzzi owners find this same thing happens? 

Hot Tub Forum

water temp too hot
« on: March 14, 2011, 07:32:40 pm »

just ducky

Re: water temp too hot
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 07:48:38 pm »
must be old age  :'(  I realized I'd asked this same question a while back, so I searched my own posts, and lo and behold...same question last April.  I didn't get a whole lot of ideas from you all back then.  I guess if it happens once a year, no big deal.  Just kind of frustrating when you want to take a soak and it's really too hot.  Any great ideas, or just shrug it off?

jaysdca

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 01:48:05 am »
It sounds like the temp sensor is occasionally malfunctioning open and closed. Cheap easy part to replace.

Bruno7250

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 09:19:21 pm »
We've had the same thing happen with our Jacuzzi in the past year (it's probably 10 years old).
Dealer came out and looked, didn't find anything, said it was probably just that it was warm outside.

One thing that could do it is to leave the heat on during the filter cycles, but I had it turned off.

So - same problem, but no solution

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 09:23:49 am »
We've had the same thing happen with our Jacuzzi in the past year (it's probably 10 years old).
Dealer came out and looked, didn't find anything, said it was probably just that it was warm outside.

One thing that could do it is to leave the heat on during the filter cycles, but I had it turned off.

So - same problem, but no solution

We usually don't see this type of problem till the middle of summer. 35 outside shouldn't cause those kinds of temperatures.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 12:03:00 pm »
likewise we don't see that in the winter and spring, if it happens. its in the summer, usually if the sun is directly heating the pump compartment.., if the temp is chaging right now , you might check to see if the back of the temp sensor is insulated from the pump compartment....if the back of the sensor is exposed it can pull the temp from compartment, we see that happen.
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 12:03:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42