What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Waiting on delivery of 2011 Artesian Dove Canyon this week.  (Read 4296 times)

Dreamerntn

Waiting on delivery of 2011 Artesian Dove Canyon this week.
« on: March 12, 2011, 07:26:30 pm »
Finally decided to go with Artesian Dove Canyon.  Sales person was very helpful and I am hoping since Family Leisure has taken over Watson's, I will not have service issues that other consumers have complained of when this business was Watson's.   Here locally, Family Leisure has a good rating with the BBB at present.   It is certainly going to be an education.  We know absolutely zero about setting up and maintaining a spa.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 11:44:35 am by Dreamerntn »

Hot Tub Forum

Waiting on delivery of 2011 Artesian Dove Canyon this week.
« on: March 12, 2011, 07:26:30 pm »

2tubagain

Re: Waiting on delivery of 2011 Artesian Dove Canyon this week.
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 10:03:28 am »
Congrates tub owner.
Though not sure why you would be asking these questions at this point of purchase?
Though it seems you have done some home work on dealer/service folks, thats an inportant peice of the pie!

Dreamerntn

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 02:53:51 pm »
If I want to never worry about breakers tripping or about this spa frying my children, (going for maximum safety) what do I tell the electrician as far as what I need  where the hot tub will plug. I am talking about amps and voltage and such.  There is already a receptacle but it is just a regular outlet. Also do you recommend hard wiring it in or leaving it as something you can unplug?  Thanks.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 07:16:36 am »
what do I tell the electrician as far as what I need  where the hot tub will plug.

He should be telling you, he knows the local codes and best practices. At that price, I am assuming this is a large 5-7 person spa and it takes 240v @ at least 50 amps. Did the tub come with its own ground fault interruption cut off box?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Jet Sitter

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 02:04:11 pm »
Dreamerntn - Thats a lot of tub and you will not be plugging it into a regular receptacle.  Your qualified electrician will need to run 220/240 power to a disconnect box located at least five feet away but within sight of the tub (at least in my area - but your requirements could be different).  Ask your electrician if he has installed a hot tub w/240 power before and if says no, find another electrician.  You could provide a copy of the spa installation manual to the electrician and have him call your dealer to confirm any requirements.  He will be also be adding a breaker at your main panel (I believe, mine did), so hopefully you will have additional capacity.

Ideally your electrician will come first and have it ready to go when the tub is delivered.  I had mine come back on site when the tub came and he hooked it up immediately.

Jet Sitter

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 02:16:00 pm »
By the way, it would have been nice for your dealer to let you know about the power requirements instead of just dropping off a tub and having you go from there.  Not sure what your communication was like, and I may be completely off on your power needs, but if not, seems the communication could have been much much better.  I think most dealer try to help the customer know what they will need in this regard before a tub is dropped off.  Did they talk about what the tub will sit on - concrete, slab, pavers, etc?

clover

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 03:07:32 pm »
CONFIRM, you will need a 50 amp, 240 volt, GFCI protected ("Square D" suggested).  The NEC code and your electrician have the best answers to your questions.

Regarding your statement, "We know absolutely zero about setting up and maintaining a spa."  Rely on your professional resources.  Everybody here knows what you need, IF they have the specs and installation info for YOUR spa, but you can not sue them for something wrong.

Let me put you at ease, the Hot Tub has been manufactured by a reliable, well known manufacturer that is fully liable for any product deficiencies.  They have provided detailed information to you, and it is imperative that you properly inform, or provide your electrician with the information provided.  The Hot Tub as it is presently, does not pose a threat or danger to your family, IF your ELECTRICIAN knows what he's doing.

IF you have questions regarding hook up, or better, if your electrician has questions, provide the dealers phone number, and/or the manufacturers number to him, and take two asprin and relax, your just excited and want everything to be absolutely perfect.  That will happen as things fall into place.

Congratulations on your choice, get it wired, then filled and your ready to soak.  Your next dilema will be "proper" water chemistry.  You should consult with your dealer, as you do have an ozone sanitizer on your unit.  He is the best source of information.  IF THAT relationship breaks down, you will find all of the answers here, BUT the subject is deep, and the varing opinions could conflict, as there are many.

Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 03:07:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42