What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Electrical question / problem  (Read 2673 times)

freeholder

Electrical question / problem
« on: March 11, 2011, 11:19:24 am »
Hi all, I could not get my account activated, I am a non posting member for the last few years, suppose no problems with the spa made me stop visiting the forum.  Anyway, I have a Sundance Optima, about 6 years old now.  Over the winter, (New Jersey) I experienced a power outage, and the breaker tripped.  It sat idle due to medical problems, for about a month.  The spa did not freeze, but covered in snow etc.  I reset the breaker, and the circ pump runs OK, heat works fine, air blower fine but the strange problem is the "therapy" seat pump which controls the footwell and primary therapy seat will not turn on unless I hit the reset on the circuit breaker.  When I reset the breaker, after hitting the power button, the pump engages.  Where do I start, with an electrician or the repair service, or is there something a layman can check? Thanks for any help!

Hot Tub Forum

Electrical question / problem
« on: March 11, 2011, 11:19:24 am »

freeholder

Re: Electrical question / problem
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 11:57:58 am »
I should add that the rear or alternate control pad does not work at all.  thanks

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 12:42:49 pm »
I think you should call your local dealer and explain the problems you are having, Possibly auxilliary control is bad, possibly one of your pumps motors has a dead spot....
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

freeholder

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 08:41:52 pm »
thanks, I can't think of another way and I would like the tub working again.  Will call tomorrow and keep fingers crossed for a reasonable repair bill.

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 01:15:05 pm »
If you disconnect the small remote panel to the tub, that may solve your problem.  If it doesn't, then you probably have a bad main panel.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 01:15:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42